001.🕷️

"I can't believe you really left me alone to go to that nerd high school

"I can't believe you really left me alone to go to that nerd high school."

I winced at hearing Jaden's annoyed voice through my Airpods before looking nervously around the Midtown entrance. 

Principal Mr. Molina was supposed to pick me up to take me to my first class of the day. So I had taken up residence on one of the benches at the entrance to the high school for brainiacs.

Honestly, I still couldn't believe I had agreed to participate in all of this. It was absolutely insane when you actually thought about it.

However, the few lessons I had with Natasha had been enough according to Tony. And if I didn't keep my end of the bargain then he intended to take away this immense privilege. To be honest, my whole plan hinged on Natasha refusing. I never thought she would do this for me. She was not the most accommodating of people on this earth. Plus, she certainly had better things to do. Like saving entire nations or something. And yet, it was enough for Steve to have heard of Tony's request for the redhead to accept his request. The dynamic between these two was pretty weird to be honest.

Anyway, I was here now while Jaden was on the other side of town.

I let a weak sigh pass my lips in defeat."You know very well that I would have preferred to stay with you. A thousand times. I don't even understand how Tony got me into this high school. I heard that they do selection tests."

"Yeah, believe me, I know."Jedan snorted."And clearly, you are not able to take them."

I puckered my lips with a flat expression at her tone before shaking my head."Geez, thanks for the reminder."

"Sorry."Jaden sighed on the other side of the phone before continuing."Man, this place sucks without you. It hasn't even been ten minutes and I'm already bored out of my mind."

I let a small reluctant smile curl my lips before glancing back at the school over my shoulder to watch for the principal's arrival. When I realized I still had plenty of time, I looked back at my hands.

"If it's any consolation, I doubt I'll be able to make any friends here."

"You've better not to."Immediately warns Jaden."If you replace me, you're dead. Is that clear? Dead!"

I let a gasp of laughter pass my lips before turning my attention to my backpack as I realized how unprepared I was to attend a high school of super smart kids. I opened my messenger bag in search of a pencil before shaking my head.

"I'm so unprepared for this. I even forgot to bring a pen with me."I said through my AirPods.

"Good job."Jaden scoffed as I could hear the noise of the hallways around her before she suddenly took a breath."Dude, you would ever believe what I just saw."

I immediately frowned and looked up in confusion."What?"

"Wow, so intense."

"Jaden? What's happening ?"I insisted, somewhat frustrated."Jaden!"