002. 🕷️

There's an audible thump as my head collides with the soft padding of the blue mat in the gymnasium

There's an audible thump as my head collides with the soft padding of the blue mat in the gymnasium. I groans as I rubs the back of my head, wincing in pain. I should have gotten used to it by now, I had been training with Natasha for a month now and it was relentless. She hadn't taken it easy on me ever since she announced that I needed to broaden my scope of learning.

Apparently, according to Natasha, becoming a ballet star didn't come without becoming an overtrained super assassin. Hence why she had sent me this strange text on my first day in Midtown. It was the address of where she planned to end up finishing me off.

I never went home with visible bruises on my face but I had multiple on my arms, abdomen and my legs. I had also been tested with guns-yeah, I started taking shooting lessons-knives, various other weapons that shock, pierce or prod.

Honestly, I still didn't understand how I was supposed to become a ballet pro wielding this type of weapon.

"Again."Nathasha commended as she walked around me with her confident attitude.

I immediately straightened up on my hands, clearly breathless and aching before giving the redhead a petulant look."How is all this supposed to help me become a competent ballerina?"

"Are you questioning my lessons?" Natasha immediately challenged, arching a perfectly plucked eyebrow.

I puckered my lips as I sucked the air before grimacing slightly as I stood up without a word. I hopped lightly on my heels to get ready before I tried to jab a punch at her but I was quickly swept off my feet once again by the black widow, landing flat on my back. I can't stop the air escaping my lungs as I revel back from the blow.

A groan escapes my lips as I feel the burning sensation on my back where I had landed, I try to suppress the sound, as usual. 

Natasha stretched her neck from left to right as she looked back at me unimpressed."How's your little secret mission Tony gave you going ?"

"You know about that?" I exclaimed, frowning slightly before straightening myself into a seated position.

Natasha tilted her head giving me a 'please, I know everything' look.

"Right. Wrong question."I sighed as I helped myself from the mattress to get up before standing up straight in front of the agent."It's going... well, I guess? There is not much to say."

And I wasn't even lying about it.

Other than the obvious faculties showing through in Peter when he thought no one was watching, there wasn't much to say about him. He was a teenager like the others. 

Well, if you didn't count the number of bruises and limps and grimaces I'd seen on him in the hallways. He was constantly late and apparently he had given up some extracurricular activities.