Chapter 5 - The aftermath

"Carina?.... Carina?... if you can hear me say yes? Carina? I need to know if you are hurt or not. Please respond to me.." Owen said with worry and panic spreading throughout his body.

"Hello? Where am I?" replied Carina with a weak voice.. 

"Thank God! Yes Carina. You are at Grey-Sloan. Do you know who I am?" sighed Hunt with all that anxiety leaving him. 

"Oh. Yes I know who you are. You are Dr. Owen Hunt, always being sarcastic and dramatic like a professional actor in Hollywood" Carina chuckled... 

"Ha ha very funny. I think that you are definitely okay now. But why did you faint in the first place Carina? It's not like you to just suddenly drop to the floor while dealing with a patient. A Seattle Fire Captain at that.."

"Oh my God! Maya! I totally forgot! How is she? Is she dead or in a coma??" asked Carina, her face turning very pale with worry.. 

"Oh. yes Maya! She's fine, just a minor cerebral contusion and a pretty bad concussion. Amelia advised for her to stay in the ICU for a few days to monitor the bleeding but apart from that, she's good. She sure isn't going to work for the next few weeks, I'll tell you that though."

"Ohhhhh! Thank God and you guys as well! You are amazing! If she died, I wouldn't know what to do with my life!" Carina gasped. 

"Yeah I know I am amazing! This links back to my first question. your labs showed that you had elevated cardiac enzymes and fluid in your lungs.. This is broken heart syndrome Carina!! Very serious if it goes untreated! Your coronary arteries spasmed and you basically passed out because your heart was literally broken! Pierce cleared you but she said you have to stay in the ICU to be monitored as well. This is because I told you that Maya is my patient. Who is she to you?" Hunt interrogated. 

" She is just someone that I have been seeing okay? For a few weeks now actually. I never thought that I would get this attached to someone since Arizona.. This is news to me as well! No need to treat me like I am on the FBI's red list! "  Carina admitted. 

"Oh Carina!" said Meredith, with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my gosh! Meredith I am so sorry. I didn't even know that you were here."

"Carina! Why are you apologizing? you are the one who is sick! Andrew sent me to check up on you because he is dealing with a trauma that just came in.. This Maya sounds like she is a very special person to you right?"

"Yeah I guess. I think I love her.." said Carina, tears welling up in her eyes. 

"Then go get her girl!" Shouted Amelia.

"Oh my! Is your whole family here?" asked Carina 

"Maybe! Sometimes I am not even sure who I am even related to anymore!" chuckled Meredith.

"Yes! I should go get her! I am going to talk to her soon..." said Carina. 

"Wooo!" Amelia shouted, so loud that even Maggie could hear it in her office. 

Carina needs to come up with a plan to profess her love to Maya.