~Chapter 14 Parental Instincts

(Easter egg to this chapter at 2:20 in the video at the top)

Moo POV

We had put Wildcat to bed, I stitched him back up. I frowned as I stared a his still unconscious body, I was just glad he wasn't dead. I glanced at Smii7y, who seemed exhausted from earlier. I couldn't blame him, he just got a fracture of his blood removed from his body. Smii7y had volunteered to give up his blood since him and Tyler had shared the same blood type. Along with two other people, one including me and someone else who was cursing outside of the Medbay door.

I rolled my eyes as I glanced at John, who was on the other side of the room, sitting in a chair. I watched as he quietly cradled the baby in his arms, being ever so gentle. I helped him clean off the blood that covered the baby earlier. I honestly didn't know what to do with the baby and I didn't know where the baby came from. The baby had smooth white skin which was kinda abnormal to me. I mean some babies are born with white looking skin when they are born but this was completely different.

They had pure white skin and although the whole situation is dangerous. My most concern was a baby being born in outer space. It was pretty obvious this was another one of those shapeshifting creatures. Although I couldn't bring myself to harm the poor thing, it would be against my morals. All I knew about the baby is that it had something to do with Tyler's condition. From what it seems like, Tyler had opened himself up with a scalpel.

It sent a shiver down my spine as I thought of that. I wouldn't want anyone to try and do surgery on themselves without me around. I mean, so many things could go wrong in any moment. At the moment, there was only five of us in here. Including, Tyler and I, the rest of them were Smii7y, Kryoz, and Nogla. Who was sitting beside Tyler's bed and staring at him endlessly.

It makes me feel sympathetic for Nogla, I didn't know Tyler and him were that close as friends. But hey, you learn a bit of something everyday, I guess.

Kryoz POV

I was humming as I had my eyes closed before fluttering them open again. I stared at the small baby boy, that was sound asleep in my arms. I smiled softly at them, I sorta flinched, hearing the yelling going on outside of Medbay. They been arguing ever since they saw Tyler's condition. They're even more riled up now that the baby came into the equation. We all know the baby is one of the shapeshifting creatures but I'm sure, none of us wants to actually kill them.

Brock and I agreed that we should just keep him away from everyone for now. Until we finally figure out what we're gonna do with the baby. So for the time being, I've been taking care of him while he sleeps. I heard what sounded like a groan, I glance up seeing that Tyler was finally waking up. This spread a smile across my face, "morning sleeping beauty" I called out to him. This caused him to chuckle quietly, rubbing his forehead as he looked at me.

Tyler soon sat up, "what time is it" he asked, "don't worry Tyler, you've only been out for an hour and a half" I reassured him. He nodded quickly as he tried to get up, Brock was quick to stop his actions. Putting a hand on his shoulder, "don't do that Tyler, you'll reopen your wound" Brock lectured him. His concern was only given an eyeroll and a small smirk in return. I stood up being careful not to wake the baby as I made my way over to him. Tyler stared at me for a moment before flicking his eyes to what I was holding in my arms.

All of the sudden, the baby started crying out but not as loud as earlier, thankfully. Not gonna lie, if I heard it screech one more time, I think my ears would just end up bleeding. Now that I think about it, did I mention the fact that none of us was wearing our suits. I was actually in regular clothing and thank god, it felt nice getting out of that thing. Afterall, it hasn't been the same since we had to keep it on literally 24/7 like it was a damn pandemic.

Like, there's no viruses in outer space, if there were, I would already be dead. I mentally laughed at the thought, although, I started to frown when I came back to reality. Nogla glance at me and the baby, he gestured his hands for me to pass on the baby. I was hesitant but eventually carefully handed him the baby. I watch as Nogla smiled at the little thing, bouncing him a bit until the baby stopped crying. I sighed with relief, thank god, it felt like a miracle.

Wildcat POV

I stared in awe at the little baby in Nogla's arms. I just couldn't imagine, something so small can turn into something so dangerous. "Do you want to hold him" Nogla asked, grabbing my attention. I nodded slowly as he moved the baby over to me, as soon as the baby was given to me. I felt something clicked in me, as if I just felt like I never wanted to let go or have him leave my sights. Maybe this is what they call parental instincts.

I smiled at him before a thought came into my mind. "Hey..um..I don't know if this is the right time but...shouldn't we call him something..instead of just calling him, the baby.." I questioned to them. Smii7y walked up from my left, "uhh, I don't know about that mate, once you name it, you start getting attached to it and I don't think any of us want to do that right now" Smii7y stated, clearly concerned. I nodded in understanding, "but hey, that's your decision..not mine" Smii7y spoke again before walking back to his chair to sit down. I stared at the baby as he curled himself close to me, an idea then popped in my mind. "How about Timothy" I blurted out, "what, why Timothy" Kryoz asked.

I chuckled, smiling brightly, "you know, like TimTheTatman, I was thinking of naming him after my friend from Polus" I explained to them. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, I glance up to my right. Seeing Nogla giving me a small smile, "I think that's a perfect name" Nogla whispered to me, making me smile. I almost leaned over to kiss him but instantly stopped, remembering that we weren't alone.

~Time Skip

We decided to leave Timothy in the Communication room. Since no one came there often, only Marcel and Scotty, sometimes even Puffer since he is the co-captain. Although, this upset Scotty severely, he didn't put much of a fight about it. Scotty said he just isn't gonna go to Communications for a while. Even though, most of his work is in Communication. This might be entertaining to watch him try and avoid his own work space.

Everyone was very skeptical about keeping the baby around. Well, all but me, Nogla, Moo, Kryoz, and Smii7y. Well Smii7y wasn't too excited about it but he didn't argue about having the baby around. He was more of a neutral party on the subject. While everyone else, was scared of what this might come of them. What would be the consequences of keeping such a dangerous creature but all so small.