Chapter 1 Part 2

*next day*.   
I try going about my day without thinking about that encounter, truth be told I have been acting a little different since then but I try to shrug it off. If someone asks me I just say it's nothing. I think Tifa is seeing through that though as she is the smartest in the group, apart from Cid who does occasionally have his moments but that's a whole different story for a different time.

It was just another ordinary day at the bar, closing time, I was wiping down the last few tables, Tifa was cleaning some glasses. "Hey, Victoria, I have a question" she spoke softly, I've never heard her speak in a different tone. "Okay, shoot" I was just expecting her to ask me to help out more, turns out, that wasn't the case. "You had a run in with someone from your past didn't you? Back at the site? You haven't really been yourself since then". She was right. I may have acted like nothing happened that day but it's really been tearing me apart on the inside. I couldn't say she was right because then she would get more worried, when she gets worried the others get worried. I had to lie "Nope. Just seeing the aftermath of what happened has kinda stuck with me, I'm sorry if it's affected the way I've been working". She said nothing, just smiled, a caring smile. I'm really starting to think she's a robot.

After an hour or so the bar was fully cleaned and I was on my way home. I couldn't help but think, I shouldn't have lied to Tifa, she's a great friend but I don't want to burden her with it. It started to rain, heavy, I'm only wearing a black plaid shirt with some black ripped skinny jeans but luckily I love the rain, I find it calming. I decided to take a detour, now I've been thinking about it I really want to tell someone what happened that day, I'm heading to a 'friends' apartment. Now truthfully people won't trust him given who he works for, however, this is really eating me alive and I know he can help. Somehow.

After minutes of walking I finally arrived at my destination, I knocked loudly on the door incase he has suddenly become hard of hearing. I heard shuffling behind the closed door until it was unlocked and opened. "Victoria! What do I owe the pleasure?." "Greetings, Reno. I need to talk to someone and for some reason I decided to come here and ask you for help" I will regret saying that. I always do. "My, it must really be bothering you if I was the one you decided to come to. Come in" he says with a smirk as he moves aside letting me in.