𝙸𝚇 - 𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚂𝚃

—•이동혁 | 𝙇𝙚𝙚 𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙘𝙠.
It was her last life, Lee Donghyuck. But Juni couldn't resist playing her mind games one last time, even being able to get into his dreams.

ʟᴇᴛ's ʀᴇᴡɪɴᴅ...

MURDERER KIM JUNGWOO FOUND STARVED AND DEAD

Juni hummed to herself as she read the headline. It wasn't a shock to her, obviously, but there was still something new.

Namely, where she was.

The archangel was on her last life. She hadn't wanted things to move so fast, but time flied when you were ruining (and getting rid of) mortal's lives. The only good thing about being on her last life was that she now had her archangel powers with her. Obviously, she was going to use this to her advantage.

The only thing she had to do was find a victim. It wasn't going to be as easy as it once was, but her powers could make it so that nobody recognized her. Maybe it would be easier.

She went out for the first time since her second murder, now focused on making sure nobody could recognize her. She decided to go to the café just outside of her neighbourhood, as it was a small location where she could sit and potentially find someone new.

The first person her eyes landed on was the cashier, a man with fairly tan skin and moles dotted across his face. As she approached the counter, she noted the name tag that was on his apron. Donghyuck.

He looked innocent. He looked like he could easily trust Juni. Not like he'd need to, because there were other ways for her to join his life.

Oh, this was going to be fun.

―――――

Donghyuck hummed, looking at the empty vase that sat in front of him. He didn't know why it was empty, but he knew things weren't going the best for him because of it.

The door to his home opened, and a woman stepped inside. Donghyun recognized her as Juni– one of the women that he had previously served. Why was she the one in his dream? Why was she here, period?

"Hi, Hyuck." Well, she knew his nickname, which was interesting. Donghyuck had never told her. In fact, he had never been planning to talk to Juni as more that an customer, but whatever.

Donghyuck was about to open his mouth to mention this inconsistence, but stopped when Juni placed a rose inside of the empty vase on the table. In an instant, he felt better.

"What's that?" The rose was blue, which was an interesting choice for nature to make.

Juni smiled. "You look like you needed it. Like, what will happen to you if I do this?"

The woman pulled scissors out of her pocket, bringing them just under the actually flower bit of the rose and cutting it off the stem.

In an instant, Donghyuck's chest tightened. It was hard to breath. It felt like his heart rate was slowing down. He felt tired and drowsy, like he was on the verge of fainting.

"Why did... you... do that...?" He panted out, breathy, and it was only now that he realized that he was instantly getting weaker.

Was he... dying?

That's what he was thinking when he woke up in a cold sweat, after all.

―――――

Juni walked into the café the following day, appreciative of the fact that Donghyuck seemed to be there again. It was better for her to see him even more often, wasn't it?

"Hello, Juni."

"Oh, hello, Donghyuck. Nice to see you again?" She smiled politely at the mortal, just to add to her act. She needed to maintain her innocent and peaceful appearance, after all. Her true self could be revealed later.

She ordered the same drink as she had the previous day, taking a seat in the corner of the café. She watched Donghyuck's every move, eyes sharp like a hawk's.

The night would be fun.

―――――

Day three of Juni walking into the café, and day three of Donghyuck being on the clock when she did so.

"I'm assuming you'd like the same thing as before?"

"Wow," Juni took a step back, feigning shock. Again, being polite. She already knew that this was the day she decided to have her grand finale. "You have it memorized?"

"Well," Donghyuck looked as though he was about to add more, perhaps something about the dreams he had been having, but decided against it. "Alright, then. I'll have your drink ready in just a moment!"

―――――

Donghyuck found himself in a dream– well, nightmare– tied to a chair. Juni was standing in front of him, and past her was a garden. There was a rose in his tied hands as well.

Donghyuck looked at Juni, arms still tied behind his back. He had a strong grip onto the rose in his hands, which he somehow knew was the key to keep him– and Juni– living. "Juni."

The archangel looked straight ahead, as though she hadn't heard Donghyuck. Maybe she could pretend that she wasn't actually concious of the things happening in the dream.

"Juni."

"What is it, Hyuck?" On second though, she got fed up too easily for that.

"The rose..." Donghyuck looked over at Juni, twisting his hands to the side so that he could showcase the rose that was behind his back. "Get it to the garden. Please."

Juni nodded, walking over to take the rose. She could see the relief on Donghyuck's face, but it wasn't going to last long.

Slowly, she pulled a petal off the rose.

"No," Donghyuck whimpered. "No."

"I'm sorry, Donghyuck," Juni started. "But this isn't going to end like the rest of your nightmares. Unfortunately, you won't be waking up from this one."

"What do you..."

Juni pulled three more petals off of the rose.

Donghyuck changed his sentence almost immediately. "Why are you killing yourself? Doesn't the rose– well, isn't the rose connected to you, to?"

"Yes, it is. But it doesn't matter. I have somewhere I'll be going." She tugged off a few more petals, leaving the rose with three. "I'm not sure about you, though."

Juni pulled two of the rose petals off the rose, raising her eyebrows at Donghyuck. "So... any last words?"

The mortal shakes his head in disbelief, looking at the archangel with betrayal in his eyes. "I trusted you, Juni... why?"

"You ask too many questions." Juni pulled harshly on the last petal, her vision going black.