Chapter 3

Just a foreword: I have not heard this next concept talked about in the Loonaverse, however it is sort of my own abstract interpretation of their solo mvs.

Chapter 3

After frantically teleporting around Eden for the past hour in search for Olivia Hye, I finally found something. A massive, grey building in the middle of the forest. Although it seemed to stick out like a sore thumb amongst the bright green trees, I knew it was practically invisible to everyone else. Simply because Olivia Hye controlled who had access to it. You see, it wasn't an actual building that existed in Eden, or anywhere in the Loonaverse for that matter.

It was Olivia Hye's mindscape...

A landscape that personified her own thoughts and emotions. It was an extremely personal and sacred part of herself. This is why only people who Olivia Hye gave permission to were allowed in. It reflected her true self. Although, she still had control over which parts of her mind I could see and which ones I couldn't.

The first thing I noticed when I entered was what appeared to be a concrete, underground parking lot. Everything was in black and white. The lines painted on the ground were white, and the floor, ceiling, and pillars were grey. The garage stretched so far in the distance, making it appear as if I were stuck in a never ending corridor, each direction only leading to darkness.

"Olivia?" I shouted, causing my voice to echo all the way down until it gradually faded, never reaching a stopping point. Chills wracked my body as an eerie feeling set in. If this is what Olivia's mindscape looked like, no wonder she's losing it. This place was lonely and consumed by darkness.

A sudden distant sound caused me to turn around. I caught a glimpse of a figure dressed in white with long black hair (although, considering everything was in black and white, it could've been any other dark color for all I know). This time I didn't hesitate before following after her. It had to be Olivia Hye, who else could it be?

I listened to the echo of her footsteps, running as fast as I could to keep her receding figure in my line of sight. Considering I never lost her, I was beginning to think she wasn't running from me, but instead, leading me somewhere. Before I could question her motives any further, she turned a corner, momentarily disappearing from view.

Once I turned the same corner, I blinked and ended up in a completely different place. In front of me appeared to be the inside of a warehouse. Different pipes and machines were scatter around the floor and lined the walls, creating a narrow walkway. I turned around and, to my surprise, there was no parking garage behind me. Instead, I was met with a solid concrete wall. Possibly another layer in Olivia Hye's mindscape, I guessed.

"Why are you here?" She finally spoke. Startled, I instinctively spun around, my eyes searching for the source of the voice.

"What do you mean?" I answered her question with another and started walking. She had to be nearby. "You are the one who invited me here." I pointed out, referring to how she gave me permission to enter her mindscape with her. Another noise sounded in the distance, making me turn towards it. She now appeared to have black clothing on, gliding through the building like a shadow.

"I meant," the voice came from my left, causing my head to jerk in that direction. I saw her figure for a second until she disappeared again. "Why are you here, in Eden?" Her voice then could be heard from my right, but that wasn't what shocked me. It was the insinuation behind her question. Did she know something? Did I foolishly give something away about who I really was?

No, surely she was just having a lapse of judgement and questioning me because she had been betrayed before. "I told you already, I don't know. I just woke up here one day with no recollection of my life from before." I tried my best to sound calm even though I was anything but. My heart raced in my chest as I continued chasing her like a little kid chasing a shadow: pointless and I would most likely never catch up to it, but I still tried.

"You know, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to find it strange, considering no one ever just wakes up in Eden." Her voice was growing more accusatory by the second and I felt the situation slipping out of hand.

"Olivia, I don't know what to tell you." I stalled for a moment, trying to think of the right thing to say without flat out lying to her face. I had done enough of that already, it didn't seem fair or even logical at this point. "I only ever wanted to help you." It was the truth. That's the exact reason why I came to Eden. Well, maybe not at first, but somewhere along the way it ended up becoming my main purpose.

"You know, I really wanted to believe that." Her voice was closer and I could hear the brokenness in her tone. "And maybe I did for a while." She chuckled bitterly, each laugh echoing through the warehouse and making me cringe. "But, then I finally realized that you've been deceiving me this whole time."

Just like before, I heard her footsteps tapping against the concrete ground. Even though it was dark, I ran blindly ahead, letting the sounds guide me. Soon enough, there appeared a light at the end of the walkway. This time it was from an open doorway on the other side of the warehouse. I watched as Olivia Hye's dark figure was outlined by the white light pouring in. It grew smaller and smaller as she approached it and eventually dissolved completely when she walked through.

Closing my eyes, I continued to blindly trust her and run through the doorway myself. My feet stopped moving when I heard nothing but silence surrounding me. I opened my eyes once more, finally noticing some color after only seeing in black and white. I was in a hallway with no end in sight, but this time, the walls were tinted with blue. Behind me was another solid blank wall, granting me no escape.

I took a deep breath in and out, trying my best to calm my erratic heartbeat. I had to keep reminding myself that this was all in Olivia Hye's mind. Just a figment of her imagination. It wasn't real.

Surely nothing could hurt me in here, right?