Goodbye

This was it.

The end.

And I could do absolutely nothing about it.

He was sat in the chair next to my hospital bed, holding my hand and rubbing small circles on it.

I had been fighting cancer for years now, and it had finally beat me. I was deathly pale right now and was spending my last few minutes with him.

Tears poor from his eyes and his bottom lip shakes. I grab his hand tighter with all the strength I have.

"I-it'll be o-okay" I say in between breaths with a small sad smile.

He breaks. He lets it all out and leans his head down onto my stomach. I hate seeing him cry because of me. His back shakes as he sobs uncontrollably and he gasps for air.

I try my hardest to lift my arm up and stroke his hair.

The soft hair I will never see again.

The soft hair I will never feel again.

And his beautiful green orbs that I will never get to look into again.

Or his tinted, plump lips I will never kiss again.

He brings his head back up and caresses my cheek, biting his lip to hold his cries in.

"I love you so fucking much, and I don't know what I will do without you, please, don't leave."
His voice breaks.

I feel myself getting weaker by the second and take a large breath in.

"I-im sorry baby, b-but I will a-always be w-with you, always and f-forever." I say with a small smile and tears falling down my face.

He grips me tighter and places a loving kiss onto my chapped lips. He then pulls me into a hug and buries his head into my shoulder.

"I love you so much, I will never forget you, i promise, me and you baby, always and forever."

I feel another small smile play at my lips, and then tighten my arms around him as I feel myself slip away.

My eyes close slowly and my breathing slows down.

Then I see the light welcoming me in.