Mera and Indus

Mera woke up with a loud groan, indus still happily snoring beside her. She got up and put on her slippers, dragging herself to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror, dark bags laid under her eyes. She wiped them, yawning, leaving the room.

In the kitchen, she poured herself a cup of coffee. And indus one too, when he wakes up, she thought.

Indus and mera were childhood friends, and all indus really wanted was a simple apartment share, until they could afford a house. A sigh echoed the room, as she sat on the couch, hearing a loud yawn from her bedroom.

"Goodmorning, Mera!" Indus bellowed, sitting next to her. She rolled her eyes.
"Your coffee's on the side.." She mumbled, taking a sip of her own. He got up, somewhat looking excited for coffee.

Suddenly, meras back ached. Like someone replaced her spine for a pre-snapped twig. She moved her position, grunting in somewhat pain.
"Indus.. can you grab a pain killer." Mera groaned, tilting her head back.
"Where are the killers of pain.." indus questioned, holding his coffee in one hand.
"In the cu- never mind.." mera stood up, walking to a high cupboard. She pulled out a container, filled with pills. She swallowed one and washed it down with water.

"Are you OK now?" Indus asked, worried.
"I think..." Mera said, stumbling back to the couch.

To her absolute delight, a spillage was at the entrance of the kitchen. As fate unfolded, she slipped, using her arms as a defence.
"OW!" She yelled, her voice could be heard blocks away.
"MERA?!" indus ran over, crouching down.
"MY ARM-"
"Mera don't worry I'll find a-" before he could speak, a house with orange walls formed around them, a bit like a barrier....

"What the..-" mera whispered, still wincing in pain.
"The house has saved us." He said, admiring the orangy-yellow colors of the walls.
"INDUS- HELP ME. WE'LL FIGURE THIS OUT LATER."