lighting the fuse

third-person pov: 

you stand at the edge of the roof, taking in the harsh wind at your face. your jacket lightly slaps at your skin as the slits you made for your wings blew open, sending chills down your spine. you looked over to see your father standing next to you, holding his hand out for you to take. you now stood next to him, your hand in his, as you looked at the small buildings below.

"today's the day pigeon. you are finally old enough to learn how to fly like me!"

"I'm scared papa, it's too high! I wanna go home!"

you clung to his leg, afraid to let go for fear of falling even tho there was a barrier in front of you. your father chuckled lightly and told you that he would do it with you, which made you less nervous. he had to give you credit, for being only seven years old you were incredibly brave when it came to jumping off of a cell tower. you both opened your wings to catch the wind, as you practiced so many times before at home. your feet started to lift off the ground as you nervously beat your wings to keep balance. your father, flying next to you grabbed you by the hands and slowly led you away from the roof and into the sky.  once you realized there was no ground directly under you you began to panic. your father had let go of one hand and was loosely holding on to the other just moments before you dropped out of the air and headed directly for the city below. he followed you down, afraid he would lose you forever. he was finally able to grab hold before you hit the newly gathered crowd of horror-struck people below. crying, you clung to his chest as he flew you both home; terrified at the thought that he could have lost you because of his stupid mistake. once home you two stayed hugging each other for a long time before you were finally ready to let go. 

-end of flashback-

you sit on that very same roof, recalling that old memory while treating the burns on your back. you come up here every once in a while to try and calm yourself when things have gotten hard, but today you just wanted a place to be alone. you ran into a villain that tried to rob you, after a meeting with a support item company. after successfully restraining him you left him in front of a local police station with your emblem panted on his hand: a white father that was set aflame. you were lucky enough that you found a company that worked with vigilantes such as yourself since most people deemed you as "well moral villains".  you went in for a new upgrade on the base of your suit as the old one had burned, and walking around shirtless was not what you preferred. It's been a week since then and the acid burns the villain left haven't gotten any better, despite your best efforts. if it got any worse you might have to go to the hospital, which was the absolute last thing you wanted to do. 

"shouldn't you be watching your students"

"shouldn't you be in the hospital"

you turn around to see the hero that's been chasing you for 3 years; Shoto Aizawa, better known as Eraserhead. "what are you gonna do, arrest me?" you said, sarcasm dripping from your voice. he laughed and sat down next to you as you joked about why he should arrest you, and that he wouldn't be able to. after a while you asked, "how did you know to find me here?" he responded in a simple but blunt tone, "we've been watching you, but this is the place I remember seeing a child with white wings fall from here 15 years ago." you stopped bandaging your ribs as you turned to him, your eyes wide. "you were there!" you asked, shock imminent on your still masked face. he nodded and you talked for a while before you flew off, leaving him to say that you got away not that he let you go. 

___________

authors note: the idea is to have y/n around the same age as Shigiraki (who is 21). also I have a tendency to over-explain things when I wright, so if you have any edit suggestions those are always appreciated

word count: 714