Blackmail

(A/N Hello everyone! Currently very sick right now, so all I had the energy to do today was write and watch youtube! You know how it is. Anyway, a couple of tw's. Anxiety, tension, shouting, mentions of death, PTSD, derealization.

We're starting to really get into the story now~

I hope y'all like it! Any comments would be very appreciated!

Enjoy!)

Risk led me into his casino, albeit begrudgingly. I strutted after the slightly taller figure. It's not that he was tall, it's just that I wasn't. At twenty one years old, I stood at a solid 5'5. Nearly everyone I met towered over me. Not Risk though, he was just a few inches taller. 

He stopped at the edge of an ornate balcony. With a cool resignation, he pointed.

"That's your guy."

 Hooooooooly Prime, this guy is tall. The photograph really didn't do him justice. He was at least seven feet tall. My feathers fluffed up instinctually, but I quickly smoothed them back down. Show no fear. You are the one in control. I heard my mother's voice in my mind. I lifted my chin and straightened my shoulders.

"How long has he been employed under you?" I asked, not moving my gaze from the man in the golden suit. Risk paused, calculating.

"Nearly three years this spring."

My fists clenched. The timeline matched. Grey smoky tendrils curled around my fingertips, begging to be unleashed. Risk noticed the small gesture, and his eyes narrowed behind his goggles. 

"Watch yourself Saint. Vision has been a huge help in the construction of Las Nevadas, and I will not let you harm him. I don't know what you think you found, but he's a good man." I glared, and Risk amended. "Well, as good as any of us can be."

"I really don't care." I gritted out, trying to force my body to relax. I took a deep breath, before finally turning to face Risk. 

"What can he do?" I questioned. Risk gave me a side eye, before shaking his head. 

"Hmm, I'll show you if you don't go down and kill him the second you have any suspicions." 

I huffed, but nodded anyway. Risk stared just above me, his eyes scanning the possibilities that only he could see. After a few seconds, he snorted, 

"Yeah, I'm gonna need a more solid promise that you don't go and murder him the second you know his power. Your statistics are looking a little bloodthirsty" 

I growled under my breath, letting the smoky grey tendrils flare threateningly before gritting my teeth.

"I promise I won't kill him... yet." 

Risk paused again, checking the probabilities. He shook his head, but called down to the golden man anyway. 

"Yo! Vision! Can you show our guest and I the plans for the new wing of the casino?"

The man, Vision, looked up with his emerald set mask, and waved as he set down the heavy crate he was carrying. 

"Sure thing!" he called back cheerfully, casting a nervous look towards me. He lifted his hands and made a slow circular motion with his right hand. When suddenly, he jolted his left hand into the air, and my jaw dropped behind my mask. An entire casino seemed to grow from the ground, looking so realistic it seemed like I could almost reach out and touch it. The detail was absolutely incredible. I almost got vertigo when Vision swiped his hands, and the casino suddenly shifted. Revealing a much less life-like version of what seemed to be a new wing of the casino. It looked more like a colored blueprint than anything else.