Prologue: I Stand Alone

Violette dryly chuckles at the sight of masses chanting her name.

The noblest woman of the society, the praised daughter of the duke, honour student of the prestigious royal academy, stands in tattered rags.

Blood trickles down from her temple as more stones get thrown at her by the same people who once bowed before her. Their eyes, who would tremble to even look up to her, are now fiercely making contact with her blue eyes. Her legs have lost strength, and she's kneeling. Her closest support is the one who will put her to the gullitone soon. 

"So this is what my life has come to..." She whispers to herself, her words devoid of any emotion. 

She wearily looked up again, shutting down all the noise around her and gathering her gaze on the man she loved the most. The very cause of the situation she is in right now. 

The beloved crown prince Claudia wears a stern expression to serve justice. As expected of the next king. Beside him sat his lover and her lovely younger sister crushing in guilt—the one who brought out the worst in Violette. The one took everything that once belonged to Violette. 

A tear trickles down her scarred cheek. 

A scar Violette gave her. Immense guilt filled her heart that held strong hate for her. Violette closes her eyes to forget her deeds, but she still has a clear vision of it in her mind. 

Perhaps closing eyes forever is the only way to repent for her sins. 

Thus, she swiftly adjusts to the deathly machine, ready to give away her life.

Alas! To her disappointment, her eyes open once again to the day it all began.

The day her life's countdown began.