Ch 1: Blinded By Rage, I Had Lost Myself

Sharp pain in her head causes her to let out a groan. Her eyes winced as the sunlight fell on her. She lived in the cold and dark prison all those days she had forgotten how the sun's light felt on her skin. All those days she spent writhing in pain on the stone-cold ground had made the feeling of the mattress beneath her body unfamiliar. 

"My lady," Marin spoke softly. 

Marin, her maid, who was decapitated in front of her as a partner in her crime, stood before her perfectly breathing and very much alive.

Violette let out a gasp as she felt her heart-wrenching at her sight. Marin was more of a friend than a maid to her, and to see her die in front of her because of her deeds traumatized Violette. Marin has been with Violette for as long as she can remember and to lose her was her most significant loss.  

"M-Marin?" Violette's voice broke a little.

Marin quickly approached her in worry, surprised by hearing such a noise from her always poised master. 

Violette held on to Marin's skirt as she gasped for air once again. Marin rubbed her back as she tried to calm her master down. 

"Calm down, miss; it was just a nightmare." Marin quietly said in worry. She had known Violette had been having trouble in sleep ever since her father returned. 

One thing Marin doesn't know is that it wasn't a nightmare. 

All the memories came rushing to Violette, and her head was filled with information of a different life under a second as she coughed up fluids. 

Violette's eyes teared up, and Marin grew more nervous. 

"Miss, I think I should go call a doctor. Please wait for me here. I will call for someone." Marin tried to leave, but Violette held on to her, afraid to let go of her.

"P-please stay," she said in a shaking voice. 

Violette had realized something. She returned.

*

Marin refilled Violette's cup with warm tea. Violette had calmed down but realizing her unstable condition; she decided to not go to the academy today. She doesn't know why she returned to five years ago, but she considers herself blessed to see Marin again and perhaps this is a chance to redo her life and repent for her sins.

Violette's life is yet to begin in the academy. 

Contrary to how she lived before, lavishly and in pride of her family status, she has decided to throw everything away and live quietly out of anyone's way. 

'My feelings against anyone would only led me to downfall, so it's better to throw them away altogether.' 

In her previous life, she felt as if she was betrayed by her father and had attacked her lovely little sister in jealousy as she was the centre of attraction wherever she went.

Violette promised herself she won't get lost again and dedicate her life to God, who she believes gave her a chance to live again.

"I swear I won't bother you again." She firmly said.