Chapter 6

Chasing cars ~ Snow Patrol
___________________________________

Alicia's POV.

A stormy knock jolted me out of my just very relaxed sleep, where I wasn't dreaming about my rape for once. Something stirred beside me as well, causing me to panic briefly, thinking it was someone unfamiliar.

However, it was fortunately just George, who mumbled something incomprehensible in his sleep.

But seconds later, I got the biggest scare of my life as someone opened George's hotel room door and stormed into the room, causing me to pull the blanket over me in fear.

It couldn't be true that Alex had to burst into George's room today of all days, and even dressed in a bathrobe. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Asshole!

Why does everyone always have something to do with me?

"Alex, get the hell out! You didn't get my spare key for this!" George called out, still half asleep, and then took a deep breath. I slowly pulled my blanket back from my head and immediately looked into the questioning, wide-open eyes of George's best friend.

"Oh, shit, bro, I didn't mean to interrupt," he immediately exclaimed, raising his arms apologetically. Oh God, he thought we had slept together, something that wouldn't even happen in my dreams.

"It's not what it looks like, we just talked and then fell asleep, but seriously, how do you even look?" George laughed at him.

Well, I had to agree with him somewhere, Alex, well, he looked weird, like some posh woman, which made me laugh.

"Now don't laugh at me, I was showering, otherwise you'll start complaining again that I stink," Alex said indignantly, dropping onto the couch next to George's bed. However, in doing so, his bathrobe opened, giving full view of his little friend.

EWWW! Not appetizing!

"Damn it, Alex, put your boxers on, why are you walking around naked again? We're in a damn HOTEL, not at your home, that's disgusting!" George exclaimed in shock, while I quickly buried my head under the blanket. Nonetheless, the image of Alex in my head still lingered. Somehow, it scared me, terrified me to sit in a room with a naked person, even though I knew Alex wouldn't do anything to me just because of George. But you couldn't blame me for my fear.

"I'm really sorry about this, could you at least give me some boxers? I just wanted to quickly let you know, since your phone was off, that we can train later before the FP1 starts," Alex explained embarrassedly, scratching his head awkwardly, but my fear kept rising and rising immeasurably. When I noticed that George was no longer lying next to me but had gotten up, the fear had become too great.

He wouldn't leave me alone, would he?

"Lee, hey. Is everything okay? Why are you crying now?" George asked, concerned, coming over to me as another loud sob escaped me, but he seemed somewhat helpless in the situation. When he finally sat next to me, I practically clung to him because only with him did I feel safe and secure.

"I-I'm scared," I cried on his chest. I knew many couldn't understand it, but after my rape, I had never seen a boy or a man naked again, not even my brother, which is why the emotions were taking over me now, bringing back terrible memories.

"Lee, he won't hurt you, he's my best friend. He would never do anything to you like that bastard did. Alex has a great girlfriend himself," George tried to reassure me, which worked somewhat. He kept stroking my back soothingly as my body still trembled wildly and wouldn't stop.

Surprised, I looked up at George and then at Alex, who looked visibly overwhelmed and by now had something on, which relieved me of further fear. He didn't know what was wrong with me, let alone what had happened to me. He didn't know anything.