02. The chase

Evan pov (aka Diamond)

I follow the sent of strawberries that leads to the local hospital. In the woods me and my pack shift back to our human forms and enter the hospital. (They shift with their clothes on btw.)

I follow the scent to the first room on the right where I see a girl hooked up to IVs and big screens with a doctor in the corner and 4 other girls hovering over her body.

As soon as I slammed the door open, everyone bowed their head in submition and walked out.

The scent of strawberries hit me hard and I knew she was my mate. Picking her up, I carried her out to the black van Ivan drove for me. (Ivan being Chocolate with hazel eyes.)

We all got in the van and Ivan was driving us to the mansion when my mate woke up.

She started asking questions but none of us answered. I'd tell her everything when we get there.

The next thing that happened, I didn't expect. She scrambled off of my lap and landed on the twins. Then she summersaulted off of them and bumped into Adam's chair.

We couldn't stop her when she opened the door and jumped out. No no no no NO!

"STOP THE VAN IVAN."

When Ivan parked the van I got out and ran to her. She was lying in a bunch of tall grass.

Approaching her I bent down, pretending to check for a pulse to seem human, when I could actually hear her heart beating. But after I kneeled down over her she kicked me hard and ran.

Damn she has strong legs.

Everyone tried to get her but she held up a gun and knife. MY gun and knife.

Sneaky... I like it.

The next thing I know, she was running away.

Shifting into my black and gold wolf, I ran after her, my pack behind me.

She slowed down her run into a walk when she reached the narrow path in the woods. Through my mind, I told my pack to stay here while I go get her.

I walked behind her and growled. She turned slowly and when she saw me I was expecting a scream or for her to run away.

But instead she squealed, jumping up and down and running towards me. Shocked by her actions I stood still and angled my head.

She kneeled in front of me and started petting my fur.

"Hey there. It's okay I'm not going to hurt you."

Her angelic voice kept ringing in my ears.

"My name's Luna. What's yours beautiful?"

So her name's Luna then... Beautiful and perfect. She is going to be the Pack's Luna after all.

I whined and went closer, snuggling against her soft skin.

She hugged me close and started stroking my fur again.

"Why not name you... Diamond? Oh wait. I already named my kidnapper diamond. Did you know you two have the same eyes? They're mesmerising." She smiled.

I lick her face and jump up trying to get her to follow me.

Getting up, she sighs. "I would love to follow you Diamond but my kidnappers are probably looking for me. What if they hurt me, or make me do something I don't want to do? What if they bring me back to my parents? I can't go back. I finally escaped!"

She thinks I would hurt her. And why did she escape from her parents?

I whine and jump up and down some more rubbing my face against her leg.

She giggled. She giggled! It was the best sound I have ever heard.