00. prologue

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧🔭 🌙 🖇

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
🔭 🌙 🖇

Saphirra's head buzzed with a dull pain. A emerging headache that had been nagging her for days on end. It wasn't often that the young woman would get the sting, however when she did it was one of the worst afflictions her own body would put her through.

Saphirra had been in a blank yet welcoming room with her sister as her only company. Harper had called in advance saying that the circumstances for their meeting were important, making it out to be an emergency of sorts.

The truth was that Harper had always detested her younger sister. Not only was she a nuisance, but she was an embarrassment to the family name. There was nothing that could convince the older Eve that her sister was anything but a lost cause.

The green eyed girl let her legs wander in a back and forth motion, pacing from nervousness. She stared at the floor as it went by in a blur. Saphirra was trying her best to hold back tears as the sound of her sister's yelling rang through her mind.

"You've always been the family disaster." Harper started with what would be her most calm statement towards Saphirra.

All the light brunette could do was listen and continue her repetitive steps. Saphirra began to bite her lip as she tried her best not to say something she would regret.

Harper signed, irritated that she hadn't gotten a single remark or comment from her sister. She opened her mouth again, but this time what would come out would be the most truthful thing she had told Saphirra throughout her entire lifetime.

"It's time for you to go. Once and for all."

Saphirra stopped dead in her tracks, staring directly at Harper.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned for herself, hoping for an answer that she would never receive.

"You need to leave! And i'm not just talking about here, leave this family!" Harper spit out like a poisonous viper. Finally saying what she had wanted to all along.

Saphirra stared blankly at the carpeted floor. Eyes glassy and welled with crystal droplets that threatened to fall at any moment.

"You're a failure Saphirra! Don't you understand that! When will you get it through your thick skull that you're just a freak?" Harper continued on as if she hadn't had an ounce of remorse flowing through her system.

"You're nothing but little crybaby who only cares about herself! Maybe if you were dead we would all be happier!"

Saphirra had no words, no thoughts even. Her mind was just an empty vessel that had become crowded with her sister's cruel and unfiltered words.

The blonde woman stepped forward, amusement present in her blue eyes. She was happily enjoying watching Saphirra break down in her presence.

"You know, I wish you were dead. I wish you would have have drowned in a lake or snapped your neck by now. Something far, far away from me or anyone else." She was so close to Saphirra she could smell Harper's recently minty breath.

Saphirra kept her head town, trying to digest Harper's words. Her knees threatened to break as she was not far from collapsing on the floor. Harper had somehow managed to drain all the energy out of the younger woman through only a few sentences.

"Why don't you just do that? Go out there and do us all a favor. Fucking kill yourself." Her last sentence came out as a yell. An idea that made Saphirra begin to shake.

She didn't know what to do, let alone how to react. Saphirra knew that Harper wanted an answer, anything that would show that she had truly hurt Saphirra.

Harper inched nearer towards Saphirra, lightly grabbing onto her shirt. She had got close enough to see the pure fear displayed in Saphirra's eyes. Except it wasn't a fear of Harper, it was a fear brought on by her own self.

"You would be better off dead in a ditch somewhere, you ungratefully disgusting bitch." It came out as a whisper, yet a statement that was still audible for Saphirra to hear.

Saphirra let out a small sob, tears now freely streaming down her reddened cheeks.

"Stop.." Saphirra began more as a plead, but her next words would be everything but that.

"Just stop it!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She managed to say it as a demand, something that she had never done before. Stand up to her sister. She was shuddering with anger, keeping her eyes tightly shut.

Yet when she opened her eyes she saw what she had truly done. A gaping hole that ran through Harper's torso. An act of rage that she had unwillingly carried out.

Saphirra cupped her hands to her mouth to stifle her cries. As soon as she heard the partially burned body of her once sibling fully hit the ground, she ran as fast as she could. No where in particular, simply running to get as distant as she possibly could.

She ran though the doorway of her family estate, crossing into the roadway ahead of her.

She raced as fast as she could, weeping of anguish. What had she done? It was a question that rung through her mind as the cold wind filled her ears. But before she could get the answer to her own inquiry, she was stopped.

A swarm of police cars that circled her in the street. Saphirra guessed that neighbors had heard portions of the argument and called the authorities out of fright.

Unfortunately or Saphirra, as she was being cuffed, she realized something.

She didn't feel the same.. she wasn't the same. The once innocent and guilt-tripped little girl was gone. Now replaced with someone not afraid to show the world how unforgiving she candidly was.

( 🖇 🌙 🔭 )