𝕯𝐘𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 & 𝐃𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐀 ──────────

𝘋𝘠𝘕𝘈𝘚𝘛𝘐𝘌𝘚 & 𝘋𝘠𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘗𝘐𝘈𝘋𝘠𝘕𝘈𝘚𝘛𝘐𝘌𝘚 & 𝘋𝘠𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘗𝘐𝘈𝘿𝙔𝙉𝘼𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙀𝙎 & 𝘿𝙔𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙋𝙄𝘼

𝘿𝙔𝙉𝘼𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙀𝙎 & 𝘿𝙔𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙋𝙄𝘼

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

❛ fear is never an option, so dying's not a real phobia ❜

𝑰𝑺𝑳𝑨 𝑵𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑬𝑳𝑻 𝑳𝑰𝑲𝑬 a true topsider. with her mother vivenne a respected aristocrat and her sister avron in line for the role of councilmember, there were high expectations for isla, but she never met them — nor did she have the desire to. instead, she wanted to get her hands dirty.

𝑰𝑵 𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑻𝑯, isla remembered passing by smithies and workshops and just staring through their windows in awe. when it came to friends, isla wanted to play with what her mother referred to as the "disgusting little sumprats" as opposed to the piltover children with more "respectable roots." regardless of her mother's disapproval, she would sneak out and journey to the edges of piltover to play with the other kids. overall, isla o'brien was not the ideal child in such an honorable family — a dirty black sheep among clean white ones.

𝑺𝑶 𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑰𝑭 isla's family didn't agree with her ideals? she wasn't about to let that stop her from living the life she wanted, even though she wasn't even twelve yet. besides, there was nothing wrong with the kids she played with! yeah, they were a little nervous about her at first, but they warmed up to her after a few months — they were nice people, and were just as human as isla and her family!

𝑺𝑶 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑴𝑶𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹 irately scolds her for even considering inviting her new friends to her twelfth birthday party, isla is confused, angry, and destructive. it was an intense argument that only lasted twenty minutes, but those twenty minutes forever changed isla's worldview — and became the reason she left piltover for zaun.

𝒁𝑨𝑼𝑵 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑨 𝑷𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑻𝒀 scary place, she had to admit. isla knew it was vastly different from piltover, but she didn't realize it was polluted, toxic, dark, and gruesome. grimy metal pipes weaving through the sky, nothing but unnatural lights to outline the roads — a metallic, steampunk, underground dystopia that others would rather call hell. that didn't scare her off, though — nothing could be scarier than isla's mother when she was beyond pissed. besides, the lanes got less scary when she met a boy called ekko.

𝑻𝑶𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹, 𝑰𝑺𝑳𝑨 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑬𝑲𝑲𝑶 — alongside other strays they met throughout the years — built a sanctuary from the ground up for the zaunites in need of it — and thus the creation of the firelights. ekko grew to become their leader as isla became the person she used to stare at in wonder back in piltover: an inventor. she knew what things went where, how things ticked, and plenty of other hacks that ekko had only dreamed of accomplishing since childhood. when he had the time, ekko and isla would even work together to build new weapons for the firelights and necessities to help the lives of the people thriving in the firelight community.

𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑺, their friends started noticing the longing glances they've tried to hide so well, and the synchronization of their fighting styles when training together, and the intimate moments when fixing ekko's broken hoverboard again or drawing blueprints for a new weapon idea. there were also the moments when isla's hand would linger on ekko's shoulder in support or consolation, and the moments when ekko's pinky would twitch towards isla's in close proximity. the celebratory hugs that would last a little too long and the occasional clumsiness forcing them in positions that wouldn't typically be considered as amicable. the way ekko would look at isla as she tuned out the world while fixing his hoverboard he totally broke on purpose for the reason of seeing her and the way isla would pace around the open window of her room when night would take over the sky and ekko hadn't returned from his morning mission yet... but that didn't mean anything, right?

𝑫𝑬𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑻𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺, 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬 was going great for isla... until a friend of ekko's he long thought dead turns up at the firelight base with a fellow member of piltover aristocracy. now the past is catching up to both isla and ekko as legends clash and secrets between their friend group are revealed. the world is crumbling under a growing war, and it will take everything isla and ekko have to make sure everything they've built together doesn't crumble with it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 i love ekko with my entire being, guys. there's no other reason for this.

 there's no other reason for this