12

ch12; friends 

The Medical Wing is by far the most unpleasant place to wake up in. 

The sheets stick to my skin, making me feel trapped under the bedsheets. 

Not to mention the position I woke up in; lying on my back, arms to my sides. 

I'm having trouble recalling why I'm even here in the first place. Dumbledore is the first person I see. 

I have a million questions for him. 

"Good morning, sir." I greet him with a simple grin. He steals a glimpse at the bedside table. I figure he was trying to be discrete, but I follow his gaze. 

My mum's notebook sit's there; untouched. There is no way I could've brought that in. 

"You carry that with you, yes?" He asks, suspicion evident to his tone. 

"No. I don't."

That shifts something in his look. Uncertainty. "Interesting." 

I peer up at him, hoping he would just explain. "Um... sir?" 

"Ah, yes. My apologies." He flashes me a toothy smile and takes a seat at the edge of my bed. 

"You were found passed out right in front of your common room last night. I assume you were heading back after your session with Lupin, correct?" 

Now I remember. After I left, there was a growing pain in my chest. It started with that same bittersweet feeling I use to conjure my patronus. However, it grew into something more. 

Something painful. My head went dizzy and next thing I new my head kissed the marble floor. Ouch. I bring my hand up to my head and rub it. 

"Yes. I was feeling light headed." 

He simply nods. "Well, you're free to go, then." 

I lift myself up, collect my notebook and reorganise my thoughts. That was one peculiar chat. 

Honest to Merlin, I wish I would've hit my head harder so I don't have to endure the walk back to the great hall. 

But that's just my laziness speaking. 

Halfway out the door, Dumbledore calls my name. "Juliette." 

I pivot. "Yes?"

"If anything... strange happens, do inform me." 

Again with the weirdness. I don't question it, though. He is, after all, a very strange man. 

Wise, albeit strange. 

"Will do." 

I sneak up behind Asher's back and snatch a half eaten banana right off his hand. 

"Mornin'." 

He looks surprised to see me. Aitana looks equally as shocked. She beams at me with a look of relief. 

"I'm so glad you're okay! What happened?" 

I take a seat next to Asher and dig into my breakfast. "Passed out after a meeting. Not much to it." 

Asher shrugs, chewing on his muffin. "She lies." 

I elbow his hip. "I do not!" Aitana nods. "She most definitely lies." 

"She does not lie." I counter. The bickering dies down as they surrender and go back to their food. 

I look up at the staff table and realise there is one person missing. Remus Lupin's usual seat is vacant.