Chapter 28

Harpers POV
    Lena, Elisabeth, and I are all standing in a tight circle. Every one of us are talking over the other. We've rallied to discuss what had happened the day before. Will of course was immaculate. Anybody can see that. We have already tried several times this morning to talk to Skye about what we observed, but she seems uninterested. Every time I look at her, I get this feeling that her mind is somewhere else.

    " Guys, guys!" I wave my hands in the air, and they both fall silent, " One at a time, sheesh, Lena you go first."

    She takes a deep breath to calm herself and begins, " So we all know that Will hasnt done a single thing wrong-,"

Elisabeth cuts her off, " Except for breaking off their friendship."

" Yeah, well none of us know what that was about," Lena continues, " He was fairly normal yesterday though. I mean he didnt really talk to Skye, but he wasnt mean or anything, plus he's using this time to get to know his team, which i think is commendabale."

    Elisabeth and I both nod in agreement. It's true, Will isnt moping about his situation, but using it for the better. Yet another thing that claims he isn't in the wrong.

    " But the problem is, Mark just doesnt do anything interesting. Like he's annoying sometimes, is pretty cocky, and isn't the best counselor I've ever seen, but what does that tell us?"

    " Nothing." I sigh.

    " That's exactly what I gathered too. Lena pretty much summed it up." Elisabeth says.

    " Same, maybe we should just keep a watch out again today, who knows maybe something will happen."

    Lena and Elisabeth both agree, but I can tell by the looks on their faces they are feeling just as despairing as I feel

                                        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

                                   Will's POV

    This morning marks the beginning of possibly fixing this whole mess. I asked Ava if I could call in my team early to work on something. To my relief, she agreed, not even imagining what I had in mind.

    We are at our normal meeting spot in the nursery. The kids are sprawled out on random chairs and baby toys. Caleb keeps yawning with his mouth wide open making this noise that sounds like a low siren. All of them are bleary eyed and sleepy. Well, all except for Evelyn. She is sipping some sort of concotion from Starbucks and walking around the room, shifting through pieces of pink notebook paper. I just sit and watch her, to emotionally and physically exhausted to ask what she's doing. Finally, she seems to decide on something, then starts handing out a page to each member of the team. " Each of you will take down notes as the day goes on, on your paper you will see that I have created category's. Each section is a level of importance."

    " What does that mean?" Nolan asks, fiddling with his paper.

    " I was getting there. Each category is divided by levels of importance, all the way to the right it says, ' sus' that means when you see Mark doing something just sort of suspicious, write in the section what it is then report back to us. "

" It's like among us in real life!" Caleb actually gets excited for once.

" Sure, do you guys understand the other categories and what they mean?"

I look down at the pink. note in my hands. Evelyn's loopy handwriting goes on to spell out, ' sus level 2' and 'sus level 3'. It's pretty straight forward. I mean, it got across to Caleb, which is a skill to accomplish. " These are great Evelyn, but I thought we agreed Oliver will be doing the chore of watching Mark."