Waiting on a Miracle

The crew looks at the three before they hear the next song come on and Mirabel just looks so upset that no one wants to ask. They just let the song play.

Don't be upset or mad at all

Don't feel regret, or sad at all

Hey, I'm still a part of the family Madrigal

And I'm fine, I am totally fine

I will stand on the side as you shine

I'm not fine, I'm not fine

Everyone looks at her and she just buries her head in her cousin's shoulder. Antonio grabs her hand and intertwines their hands.

I can't move the mountains

I can't make the flowers bloom

I can't take another night

Up in my room

Waiting on a miracle

I can't heal what's broken

Can't control the morning rain or a hurricane

Can't keep down the unspoken invisible pain

The people mentioned in the verse just look down at Mira before they look back at the screen.

Always waiting on a miracle, a miracle

Always walking alone

Always wanting for more

Like I'm still at that door

Longing to shine like all of you shine

Camilo holds his prima tighter and she relaxes back into him.

All I need is a change

All I need is a chance

All I know is I can't

Stay on the side

Open your eyes

Open your eyes

Open your eyes

Alma looks at her grandaughter only just realizing the pressure and hurt she's put on her.

I would move the mountains

Make new trees and flowers grow

Someone please just let me know

Where do I go

I am waiting on a miracle

A miracle

I would heal what's broken

Show this family something new

Who I am inside

So what can I do?

I'm sick of waiting on a miracle

Her mother looks at her with a look that says they were going to have a talk about this.

So here I go

I am ready!

Come on, I'm ready!

I've been patient and steadfast and steady!

Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago

When you gave us a miracle

Am I too late for a miracle?

As the last notes fade out Mirabel can't take it and starts to cry. Antonio and Camilo just hug her as tight as they can. Everyone else just looks at the three sadly realizing just how much they pushed her away while Pepa's cloud covers everyone's heads. Bruno looks at them and shakes his head wondering what it would be like if he had just stayed in plain sight. 

Camilo rubs her back and whispers soothing words in her ears. Eventually she calms down thanks to her primos. When she stops she looks up at her family and whimpers knowing what's coming next.

Her Mama walks up to them and asks," Mira why didn't you say something?" She looks up at her mother with fresh tears in her eyes. "I couldn't be a bigger burden then I already was."

With those words everyone sucks in a breath before looking at her. She just hides her face in Camilo's chest while he rubs her back. Antonio looks at his favorite prima before starting to cry. Hearing him cry, Mirabel and Camilo look at him before asking him what's wrong.

He looks at them and says, while still crying, "All those nights sharing a room with Mira and I still didn't know that she was feeling this way." They turn towards each other before looking back at him. 

"Tonito it's not your fault at all. I never told anyone ever. Camilo came in one night and heard me crying and I know Dolores has heard me before. You were never supposed to know how I felt and especially not tonight on your big night." She looks around at her family. "No one was ever supposed to know how I felt. But I made Camilo and Dolores promise not to tell anyone." 

Her family all looked at her when they heard the next song start to play.