2- Dream

Dream was late.

He'd overslept, his siblings hadn't had the human decency to wake him up, and now-

Well, fuck.

"WHERE IS IT?!" No one else was home (aside from the cat, Patches, who stared down at him from the top of her tree disdainfully), so he could scream as loud as he wanted. The first bell rang in six minutes, and he couldn't find his goddamn trumpet. He was pretty sure he practiced last night and then set it by the front door so he'd remember it, but now it's not there, and the first day of band is today. What kind of a leader would he be to show up without his instrument?!

"PUFFY!" he screeched as soon as the call picked up. As one of his triplet siblings and technically the eldest of the three, she was the most responsible and would probably have been the most likely to have seen it.

"What?!" she asked, clearly annoyed. "I'm busy! Niki-"

"Don't care!" Dream interrupted, checking under the kitchen table for the third time. "You and Foolish didn't wake me up-"

"Wake yourself up, I'm not-"

"WHERE'S MY TRUMPET?"

There was a pause and some rustling. Foolish's muffled voice said something Dream couldn't make out.

She seemed to pick the phone back up. "Is that what all this is about?"

Dream was nearly pulling his hair out. "YES! I'M GONNA BE LATE AND I NEED IT!" he said urgently. He looked to Patches as if she'd be able to help. She promptly flicked her tail at him, turned around, and laid down.

From the other end of the line, Foolish and Puffy started laughing hysterically.

"Dude!" his brother said, a lot closer to the mic this time. "I grabbed it on the way out so you didn't have to worry about it! Is this why you're so late?"

There was a beat of silence.

Dream hung up without another word.

The clock read 7:56. Four minutes. He took a breath to calm himself.

"FUCK!"

As Dream booked it down the road towards Mojang High, he took a moment to think to himself, Yeah, today's gonna be a good day.