Misunderstandings

Third Person View

     Alma opens the door to the Casita to be surprised by her grandchildren in a group hug.

     "Did I miss something?" She exclaims with a basket of herbs in her hand and Julieta behind her. Pepa comes greeting her mother and questions why it was crowded as well.

     "Oh, we were just comforting- HUGGING Dolores... you know? Grandchildren bonding!" Mirabel explains, followed by the wind whooshing them. Alma immediately goes to her daughter who had a cloud forming above her head and tries to comfort her.

     "Did somebody hurt... my baby?"

     "No mami, she's fine—" Camilo responds but it was too late, a storm had already formed in the Encanto.

~~~An hour later~~~

Y/N's POV

    When I look out through my window, raindrops drip down on it. Señora Pepa has been in a bad mood for a while, she's definitely upset because I kissed her daughter. Why would Mirabel dare me to do that anyway...?

     My mother taps me on the shoulder and hands me a cup of water.

     'Mi hijo/a, is something on your mind?' She signs before examining my look and I try to hide my sadness. I give her a gentle smile and sip on my drink.

     'I know that face.' She signs once again, my neutral face turning into a frown as my eyes droop down.

     'Have you ever liked someone who didn't like you?' My eyes widen as I realize what I asked to my own mother.

     'Well, that's a secret. Does Dolores not like you?' My eyes widen even more when she immediately finds out.

     My head turns the other way as I slowly nod, sipping my drink again.

     She turns my head to face her and signs,

     'Maybe you misunderstood. Talk about it with her. I know that she's very special to you, so I don't want you to lose her, at least. It has been quite a while since I've seen you so happy with someone.'

     Yeah, maybe she's right... I didn't even try to talk to Dolores about it.

     My mood becomes a little less gloomy, gaining hope inside me. But, I'm too scared to even confront her from me being quick to assume. I just left all of a sudden.

     'I'll go back.' I sign to my mother who simply gives me a proud smile and a thumbs up.

     Before I got up, I glance at the flower crown that Dolores made for me. It was slightly messy, but I loved it, and I might just keep it for the rest of my life.

Third Person View

     Y/N grabs an umbrella and rain boots that they put on in a rush before opening their door. They were greeted by a sudden wind, but it didn't matter.

     The storm slowly turns to light rain as Y/N reaches the Casita, gasping for breath.

     They knock on the door, not getting a response for a while. Knocking a second time, the rain starts to become worse again.