Entry 1: Woods

As I looked upon the forest and the scurrying animals, I noticed something. No, someone. Katniss. Sometimes she really sucked at hiding. She raised her bow at an animal. My eyes followed where it was pointing, and I saw it. A deer, I haven't seen one in over a year.

The deer ran off, going through the forest. Katniss dropped her bow in defeat and slipped behind more trees. I watched as she picked up some leaves and crumpled them in her hand, the pieces blowing in the slight wind.

The deer was in her shooting rang again, and she was about to hit it. For a second I thought about letting her get it, but it would just get her in trouble.
"What're you gonna do with that when you catch it, catnip?" another person and I said almost at the exact same time. Gale. The deer heard our voices and ran off, out of sight.
"Damn you guys," Katniss sort of laughed. Although, it wasn't much of a laugh, more of an angry chuckle.
"No, seriously. The place is crawling with peacekeepers you know, and your not gonna se that to anyone today. It's stupid, you'll just get into trouble," I told her, walking over to her.
"How about a bird?" Gale asked, picking up a rock and tossing it around in his hand. Katniss laughed a little, and nodded.

Gale threw the rock at a tree, sending multiple birds flying. Katniss raised her arrow and hit one of the birds, sending it falling to the ground. We shared a laugh on this terrible day, reaping day.

A loud noise appeared over head. We all stopped for a moment, taking a look at the sky.

A hovercraft flew in the sky, and the trees shook. Gale placed a hand on each of our backs and led us to a bush.
"Place will be crawling with peacekeepers," I whispered once again.
"We just didn't want you to get into more trouble," Gale whispered.
"Thanks I guess, but that was the first dear I've seen in over a year," she whispered back. Neither of us replied.

The hovercraft eventually was out of site, and the three of us made our way to a clearing to just sit and talk.
"I almost forgot," Gale said, reaching into his bag. He pulled out a small piece of bread.
"Oh my god is this real?" Katniss exclaimed, taking a look.
"Yeah. Want some, Aspen?" Gale asked. I shook my head.
"I already ate," I replied. Gale nodded his head, knowingly. One of the only perks of being a victor of the Hunger Games, you could afford real and good food. Katniss and Hale ate their bread as I looked into the field. A thought went into my head.
"We could do it you know. Just run away," I said. Gale and Katniss turned to me.
"She right," he agreed.
"That can't happen. You have your brothers, Gale, and I have Prim. And plus, you think they won't notice if a whole victor went missing?" Katniss argued.
"True," I sighed. I hated this life, being a victor provided me with barely any freedom. It's the price to pay to be alive, I guess.
"We should get back. Get ready," Katniss said as she stood up. I nodded.
"I have to get back really quickly, mind if I run ahead?" She asked.
"Don't mind at all," Gale said with a smile. Katniss looked to me. I just nodded, and then she ran off into the woods.

"Excited to see the poor soul you have to mentor this year?" Gale asked.
"Of course not, it's hard watching them die," I said with a shiver. I hate being a mentor, I hate all of it.
"I'm joking, calm down," he assured me. I shook my head.
"Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?"
"I'm laughing," he responded.
"Well your sense of humor is broken," I told him. He scoffed, but didn't retaliate.
"I'm going to miss you," he said quietly.
"Me too. But I'll be back before you know it."
"I know it's just.... The capital is unpredictable."
"Well so I am," and I smiled. He looked at me, his eyes looking up and down my face, and smiled back.