dress.

A/N #1: We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this very special Valentine's Day treat!

WARNINGS: sexual tension...smut, lots of it...also infidelity...but yeah...lots of smut with our favorite dark-haired Asgardian prince.

SUMMARY: Tony's always throwing a party, like always, the man doesn't need a reason. You and Thor arrive fashionably late. All eyes on you, especially a pair of sharp mischievous blues. Loki – the sly and cunning trickster. He was bad news. You couldn't stand him the slightest. Right? No, if that were true, you wouldn't have bought this dress so he could take it off.

MUSIC RECOMMENDATION: "Dress" by Taylor Swift

A/N #2: To the Chaos Gremlins' group chat's resident Tom Hiddleston simp and a fellow slut for Reputation era Taylor Swift, Natalie. This is for you, lovely! I hope it makes your heart happy just as you make my and all our fellow gremlins' hearts happy every day! Love you!

 This is for you, lovely! I hope it makes your heart happy just as you make my and all our fellow gremlins' hearts happy every day! Love you!

-------

The ride to the Avengers Compound had been quiet. Thor's sullen mood filling the car with an uncomfortable tension. You had been fighting...again. This is time it was about Asgard's crown prince's lingering fascination with the astronomer and former flame, Dr. Jane Foster.

You blew out an annoyed sigh as you fiddled with the gold collar of your chosen dress. A midnight black halter dress with a deep V-neck that stopped right above your navel and a huge slit up one of your thighs. Honestly it was a little more than three scraps of fabric that covered your body just enough to not be indecent.

Steve would be mortified.

Natasha would be proud.

Tony would be entranced.

Thor was...indifferent.

And you found that that infuriated you more than it should have. You were honestly really trying to keep your relationship with Thor alive. But it was clear at whose feet he laid his affection and devotion, and they weren't yours. You were tired. Tired of giving and giving and giving and receiving nothing in return. Still though...you stayed.

You fished your lipstick out of your clutch and reapplied as the car came to stop in by the valet stand. Tony really did go all out for parties, galas and fundraisers. And that meant you could always count on the presence of several open bars serving top-shelf liquor. Something you were in desperate need of if you were going to make it through the evening. You could almost hear the siren's call of a glass of Macallan 18 neat as you exited the luxury sedan.

Automatically, Thor waited for you and offered his arm. Just as robotically, you gathered the train of your dress and threaded your arm through his. Heads held high with forced smiles plastered on your faces you made your way into the party, fashionably late as usual.