if only things were different -Isabella

angst

I cried and cried until my heart hurted and my chest felt tight, you might wonder what happened well me and my girlfriend isabella had a fight. We would fight always but this one ijust may be the last fight i would ever have with her.

"why not me"

Flashback

"WHY WONT YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Isabella yelled at me as i tried calming her. it started when i scolded her i told her that she shouldnt be too close to mariano and that she should spend some more time with me, he may be her fiance but she held no romantic feelings for him, she loved me....right?

"WHY?!? YOU ALWAYS CHOSE HIM NOT ME HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT HOW I FELT" i snapped back at my girlfriend the madrigal gave me a slap in the face that stung.

"wake up Y/n im only doing this for my family like i said after i make my abuela happy we can finally be together why cant you understand that your such a jerk" Isabella spouted making me clench my jaw

"so im the jerk now huh, i dont get it isa after you marry mariano what will you do then....do you think you can just divorce him so easily and be with me?" i sighed massaging my temple, i looked over to see her looking down and nod i just scoffed

"i know it may not look easy but trust me after i get together with mariano then we can date in secret besides its not like i like him"

"what about me? you think i would be fine to see you marry someone else who isnt me, i dont think my heart can take that mi vida" i said as a single tear left my eye

"im sorry y/n i really am but if only things were different, as much as it pains me to say this and i want you to be happy and its clear that you arent happy when your with me so i think we need to break up'' she said slowly making the whole world stop i tried processing what she said.

"i hope next time i see you, you'll find another partner who will treat you better than i ever could" she walked away leaving me speechless i tried rendering what happened.

3 weeks later

As i walked through the familiar forest where isabella told me she loved me her words started echoing in my head like a broken record player, if things werent like this would we still be together, if she wasnt the first born grandaughter would she choose me and not him?.

were we really not destined for eachother

"isabella madrigal, the most beautiful girl i've ever seen i guess we were really not meant to be"

as long as your happy mi pequeña flor~