🌸 ~ "I'm afraid that one day you'll realize you deserve so much more than me."

💕 QinXiao getting through their problems 💕
💞 = POV Switch

• Cloudcrest ~ Yexiao's Home •

He never would've imagined that one day he'd be the one lying on his lover's couch idly, listening to the crackles and pops of their cooking from the kitchen. The idea was simply unfathomable back then. Back then, the closest he'd ever gotten to a tender moment was be when he sang alongside a beautiful (and snobbish) actress onstage.

But he hated her, obviously. And once the curtains were drawn they'd go their separate ways with nothing more than a glare or nod shared between them. He hated his experience with her so much, in fact, that he decided not to pursue any more 'romantic' roles.

Now, that oath, ideally, should count for both his acting career and his personal life, right? So, for what reason, exactly, was he left high and dry by his girlfriend, peeling away from their kiss to finish cooking their dinner?

He's not prepared for love, he never was. Not even those preteen era romcom gigs could've prepared him for an actual relationship. Especially not a relationship with someone as smart and kind and beautiful as Yexiao.

Usually, he tries not to let it get to his head when they're together like this, when they're having a rare moment alone. But he can't suppress the doubt bubbling up in the back of his mind. And, as ironic as it seems, these thoughts really only come when they are alone, anyways.

When it's just them, every little insignificant thought surges back into the forefront of his mind. As happy as he is, he can't help but want to just leave. To leave her and just hope that she'll find someone better than whatever he is.

When he sees her smile —god, her smile— something in his heart seems to ache. When he feels the warmth of her hand in his own, the weight of her palm against his, something, somewhere screams at him to quit this farce.

But, it's not a farce, no, this is genuine. He can tell from the way his heart skips a beat, the way his breath hitches, the way her smile seems to brighten the atmosphere. No, this is love. He doesn't know much of love, but this is love, he's sure.

With this realization, everything beyond this point should be smooth-sailing, right? Wrong. Now that his feelings for Yexiao have been delved into, he still needs to deal with the other glaring issue.

Himself.

A humble man, that's who Qin Yi is. As cruel and sick and snakelike as he is, he grounds himself well. Before, these traits were barely issues to worry about, if anything, they were his trump card! Of course, that was before he fell head over heels with a certain amnesiac immortal.

Obviously, a manipulative man is (in most cases) not a desirable romantic partner.

And that's why he's so afraid.

He's so afraid that at any point in time, she'll open her eyes and realize how worthless he really is.

That she'll come to her senses and do what's best.

💞 • [yexiao] • 💞

Flora's been trying to steal her attention away from the soup for about 38 seconds now, pawing at the spoon while rolling to and fro. Chuckling softly, Yexiao entertains her, slowly scooting her away from the flame, as they're not in the mood for roast cat tonight.