About me + Interview

Hello, it's nice to meet you! I write under the pseudonym of Kaitlyn Fletcher. 

I'm a book lover at heart and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. You can read all of my books for free right here on this account, Snowheart19__3. I'm currently considering the release of a separate novel outside of Wattpad, but that might not happen for a while due to personal circumstances. 

Cover credits go to the amazing Meha-k!

Interview

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Hi! My name is Kaitlyn Fletcher. I love reading, writing, nature and space. You will probably find me sitting on the grass outside, a book in my hand and blind to the world. Either that or in the kitchen, stuffing my face with food. What can I say, it's me...

2. How did you discover Wattpad?

My best friend mentioned she was writing on this website called Wattpad. As a writer myself, I was naturally curious, so I checked it out. One thing led to another, I decided to publish my books, and here I am!

3. What is the first book you read on Wattpad?

It's a toss-up between The Tainted Blood Collection by my favourite author here on Wattpad, @XxInstantKarmaxX  

It's a small collection of bone-chilling horror stories, some only a few sentences long. I recommend you check it out!

4. Who is your favourite Wattpad author?

@XxInstantKarmaxX of course!!

5. What makes you different from every other Wattpad writer?

My writing is unique, plain and simple. There are lots of things that set me apart from most Wattpad writers, the main being I take great pride in my work. This means three things.

Firstly, my books are free of any spelling and grammar mistakes. Find one, I dare you - I'm certain you won't be able to. I don't rely solely on software programs like Grammarly - which in all fairness works perfectly 95% of the time - which may misinterpret the context, audience and purpose of a text. I rely on my own proofreading skills, polishing my writing as I go until it's shinier than a diamond.

Secondly, I don't believe in stereotyping or following the beaten track. I believe in going where writers haven't gone before, carving out my path and writing original stories that stand out from the crowd. Many tropes are overused to the point where almost every story is predictably the same: a billionaire boy from high society with a troubled past meets an otherwise ordinary girl and they fall in love. In the real world, this would rarely happen, making it a nice fantasy or love story - except this very same plotline has been worn out to the point where it's a cliche.

Thirdly, I aim to write books where no matter who you are or where you come from, anyone reading my books can fit into the story and see themselves in the characters. Nobody is perfect, and my characters certainly aren't, making my books all the more realistic and relatable.

On an added side note, my writing is free of smut. It's appropriate for all ages, allowing me to not only reach a larger audience but also make it comfortable for anyone to read.

6. What made you first start writing?

As a child, I was captivated by both the world around me and the subtle nuances of the English language. All those vivid, vibrant colours of nature that no one else seemed to notice; to me, that could only be described as magic. I also noticed at an early age that nothing I had read in my children's books could even begin to describe these small, captivating wonders that were all around me. The smell of fresh rain, the unfurling of a new leaf, the flap of a butterfly's wings and the delicate balance of nature. So as I grew older, I began to write - including a lot of poetry.