Chapter 13

Ren open his eyes to the sun that managed to shine in through the willow vines.  He slowly sat up and felt his side.  No wound and no blood.  Eclipse had saved his life again.

        And I can’t even find anything to thank him with.  Ren thought.

Ren stretched and yawned.  He still felt sore.

        “Boo!” A voice whispered in his ear.

Ren jumped and looked up.  Eclipse was looking down at his with a smile on his face.  Ren smiled back.

        “Good morning.” He said happily.

Eclipse happily nuzzled the side of his neck.

        “Glad to see you’re okay, Ren.”

Ren smiled and stood up.

        “Yeah, but my body still hurts.”

        “Yes I would imagine so.  Don’t worry though, I’ll keep that boy away from you.” Eclipse said as he stood up.

Ren walked outside into the sun.  The morning light felt good on his skin.

        “Eclipse!  I’m going to go for a quick walk.  I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

        “You sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Eclipse said as he came out.

        “Don’t worry, if I get ambushed I’ll defend myself with this.” Ren said as he held up the katana.

        “Okay, but be careful.” Eclipse ordered.

Ren nodded and took off.  He walked for a few minutes before a rustling sound caught his attention.

        “Uh, Eclipse?  Is that you?” Ren asked nervously.

A cold hiss came through the bush.  That was a sure sign that Ren needed to run.  He took off in the direction of the cave, but didn’t get very far when something coiled around his body and forced him to the ground.

        “Hey!  Get off!” Ren yelped as he tried to escape.

A cold voice answered him.

        “Oh zip it, kid!  Your whining is annoying!”

Ren turned his head and finally got a look at his captor.  It was...It was a NAGA!  He’d read about those!  A naga was a creature that loved to eat humans!

        “Help!  Eclipse!  Help me!” Ren screamed.

        “I said zip it!” The naga hissed as it started to tighten its grip, “I’ll just crush you now and be able to eat in peace!”

Ren screamed in pain as he felt his bones started to get crushed.