// 11. fallingforyou //

chapter song: fallingforyou - the 1975

amanda left me for elliot, a school football player, i was fine with it, i didn't want to deal with her anyway.

thank you elliot.

then i saw george went somewhere else — maybe the bathroom, giving me a chance to go up to gabriella and ask her to dance.

when i went in front of her, she looked shocked to see me in here, facing her.

"will you allow me to dance with you?" i asked, handing out my hand like a gentleman would, i was anxious to see if she'll take my hand because if not, i'll go ang throw myself out of the room.

luckily, she did.

yes.

"well, you're already in front of me, so why not?" she smiled, her face lit up, and took my hand. i placed her hand on top of my shoulders and was now resting on it, while i gently placed my hand on her waist.

and we started to moved slowly and delicately.
"you look handsome" it was almost the same scenario but with another person now.

"thank you ma'am, you look gorgeous as always" my smile went wide, i was happy at the moment. and i would not want it to be ruined.

"sorry i avoided you" she opened up the topic i was desperately trying to avoid to not ruin anything, this moment.

"it's fine, don't worry" i assured her when in reality, it was really not okay.

then she pulled me for a tight embrace, that's what i needed, then everything i felt, the confusion, sadness, slight anger all went away with her loving embrace.

i loved the feeling.

and i wrapped my arms around her, i wish i could replay this moment forever.

"i promise i won't do that again, especially if the reason is so petty." she laughed, while looking up at me, "what was the reason?" i demanded looking down to meet her face.

"nothing, it'll be a secret that only i know" she giggled, then i flicked her forehead.

she let out an 'ow' while trying to flick mine too, "so unfair" she pouted and i just pinched her nose and laughed.

the song finally ended and we pulled ourselves apart from that tight hug, then we went back to our table and i saw george looking at us, and he unexpectedly winked at me and sent me a teasing smile.

he knew.

was i too obvious?

"you guys look adorable there" he whispered and slapped my bum, he was looking at me with suspicion "you knew?" i whispered back.

"knew what?" his face was filled with confusion.

i guess not.

"erm, nothing. the song was good innit?" i diverted the topic somewhere else.

"yeah, it's my mum's favorite, now just go put your bum on the chair and sit, you're blocking my view" he said while looking at something.

"ight, you said so" i went and sat beside gabriella.

"we should eat, i'm starving" adam said while his partner looked hungry too, well, we all were.

then we started to get and pick our foods and returned to our table with plates in our hands filled with delicious dishes.

i'm starving, finally it was time to eat.