He Lost You? - Kokonoi Hajime

I wrote this one-shot for Mikey on the same day I read chapter 148, but before. After that, I just thought... No, I can't do this to him, not now. So, I changed the person xD

It was his fault.

If only he had been faster.

If only he had been stronger.

Nothing would have happened. No one would got hurt. No one would have to suffer.

It was all his fault.

Koko had endless tears running down his cheeks and wasn't even trying to hold his sobs.

He was trembling as he was holding a body, pulling it against him.

"No... This... wasn't supposed to end like this..." He said between sobs.

"Ko-Koko..." You whisper as you reach out to hold his cheek. "P-Please, don't cry. I-I don't like s-seeing you cry."

"But..." He looks at her deep wound that was causing a blood stain all over her shirt. "You... You got hurt b-because of me..."

"I don't regret it, Koko. I-It was my choice to stop that attack." You coughed and blood spilt from your mouth, causing Koko to hold you even tighter.

"That attack was directed towards me, I could have-"

You place your fingers on his lips and make a weak smile. "You would have died. Inupi and Takemichi are still somewhere fighting and they wouldn't be a-able to help."

You close your eyes for a moment due to the pain. "I c-could not allow you to die, Koko."

"But now you're the one who's gonna..."

"If it's to save you, I would have done it over and over again."

You stare at each other for a few moments before Koko leans in and touch your foreheads.

Your breathing was starting to get slower.

"Please take care of the Black Dragons. A-And make sure that everyone will keep on smiling and laughing, o-okay?"

His tears were now falling on her face and wiped them. "(Y/N)..."

"P-Promise me, Hajime."

He sobs again. "I-I promise, (Y/N). I would do anything for you."

You make a weak smile again. "I'm so grateful I met you, Ha-Hajime. You have changed my l-life in ways that you cannot imagine. I'm truly happy."

"You have also changed my life, (Y/N). So... so much."

You cup his right cheek and make him lean down a bit more, whispering some words that made Hajime's widen.

Your hand fell to the side, lifeless. Your eyes slowly closed and a tranquil small smile was on your lips.

"No... NO!! WHY?!"Koko shouts until his lungs couldn't give him more air.

He takes a few moments to recover his breath, still holding your body tightly to his.

"Damn it!"

He moves your hair to the side and caresses your still warm cheek.

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

For the record, I ship him with a therapist (manga readers know what I'm talking about)