CHAPTER 3

Of course he was going to choose her. What was I thinking? We met less than two hours ago.

- Hey. - I hear. - Do you mind if I sit with you?

I turn around and I see a girl standing beside me. She has her dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, leaving her face completely uncovered. A pair of blue eyes were scanning my face, waiting for an answer.

- Oh, yeah, hi. - I answer. What was that?

She smiles and then proceeds to sit down.

- I'm Maggie by the way. - She introduces herself. - Maggie Williams. It's nice finally meeting you.

- Finally? I've only been here for like two hours. - I laugh. - Oh, and I'm Katherine Jones.

- I know right? It's unbelievable how fast news fly in this school. I think it's remarkable what you did, not many people would do what you did.

- Thank you. I think it was mostly the adrenaline to be honest. I don't know where I got the strength to hit him like that but I have no regrets. - I reply.

- As you should. - She nods.

We look at each other for a second before the teacher starts explaining what the project is going to be about. Once he's done explaining he gives us a paper with all the information we may need to complete the task.

- Okay, it doesn't seem to be difficult. - Maggie starts. - I think we can finish it pretty fast. What do you think?

- Yeah,  you're right. - Luckily I understood everything Mr. Davis just said. - Let me take a look at the chemicals we're going to need and we can start now if you want.

- Sure. Tell me the materials we need and I'll check if they are in the cupboard. - She says as she starts standing up.

We start working and by the end of the class we have everything scheduled. We won't need more that 2 sesions to finish the project.

- After this class finishes I'm going to go sign up in art class. - She mentions, snapping me out of my thoughts. - Do you want to come? It would definitely be 100 times better if you joined us.

- Oh, I don't know. I'm not a very artistic person to be honest.

- Pleaseeee. And, just so you know, art doesn't exclusively mean painting or drawing. You mentioned before you liked photography and you can do that there. That's why I told you.

- Really? Well, in that case yeah; I'm in.

That is going to be interesting. I have always liked taking photos. Is one way to make sure one moment lasts forver; you never now what is going to happen next.

The bell rings and I look one last time at Peter before leaving the class. He was talking to her; but not the same way he did with me an hour before. He talked with me as if he was the most confident man in the world. On the other hand, he could hardly look her in the eyes. He seemed genuinely in love with her. They make a cute couple.

I smile sadly as I start walking out of class. What I didn't know at that moment is that he was looking at me as I left. And what he didn't know is that she was watching the way he looked at me.

Once we got to the art class and signed up I realized that was going to be my favourite subject. The teachers explained how this class was divided in different fields and that in the following weeks we would have to choose which one we would like to be part of.
Our first project would be to form groups and start doing a poster explaining what art means to us.

Maggie and I started looking for participants to join us. When we got the perfect candidates, Josh and Mark, we started giving ideas of how the poster's information should be divided; taking into consideration our preferences and each other's opinion. Josh was passionate about fashion, and his dream was to be a professional designer. On the other hand, Mark never went anywhere without his camera; you could say he was almost obsessed with taking pictures; just like Peter.