꧁𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝꧂

F/n was about 6 days from home, she desperately wanted to see her grandfather again. It felt like she'd been away from him for years. She stopped in a near by village for lodging and food.

She had to admit, it was quite a beautiful town. Lights strung from building to building, street dancers and poets were on every corner. Carriages and people filled the streets, it was night but even so it looked like it was the middle of the day. She stopped at a Udon stand for some food, her Kasugai Crow was still perched on her shoulder. She fed it some little pieces of egg.

The stand was away from the crowded streets, all she could hear was faint laughing and talking in the distance. After a while she zoned out, thinking about the final selection, and the events that occurred after it. Anytime she thought about the kiss, a smile would appear on her face. She was so deep into her trance, that she didn't even hear the screams now coming from the streets.

"There's a monster!"
"Run!!"
"Get away quickly! Before it hurts anyone!"

When she broke out of her daydream, she quickly stood up and ran towards the streets. The vibrations of a demon.. she thought. Crowds of people were running away, when she finally reached the scene she drew her sword.

"Ara ara~" the demon cooed, "you wouldn't happen to be a demon slayer would you" the demon said, it's voice was soft but also disgusting. F/n hated the way it felt.

"Are you going to answer me kid?" The demon said, it's tone getting more and more impatient. F/n remained silent. She was waiting for the perfect time to strike. The demon held the severed head of a small child, along with its body parts. The demon licked its lips, "I would assume you are, given you have a sword. Are you fresh out of the final selection~?".

F/n took a fighting stance. "What does it matter to you..you're about to die anyways" F/n said in a monotone voice. The demon just snickered, and disappeared. F/n readied her blade, trying to pick up the demons vibration. She felt an evil presence above her, from above! F/n quickly rolled out of the way. "Those are some senses you have kid, let's see how useful they really are!" The demon barked.
It quickly lunged at F/n, ready to bite down on her.

Breath of moon, eighth form: Perpetual Night

F/n quickly jabbed at the demons neck, only for it to avoid and launch F/n into a wall. Shit! It's not dumb like the ones at the final selection. "You're going to have to be faster than that I can sense anything !" The demon laughed.

F/n clenched her teeth, and tightened her grip on her sword. "I'll show you fast" she muttered.

Breath of Moon, second form: Full Moon

F/n bolted towards the demon, slashing the demons eyes. "What the hell! I cant see" the demon shrieked. When it's vision cleared his head was on the ground. F/n knelt in front of it and placed her hand on its hair. "Was that quick enough?" F/n asked, it was a genuine question. "Are you even human!?" The demon screamed "how did you blind me!?". "Shhh now, I told you that you were going to die. Except it and move on" she said, patting its hair.
Once the demon evaporated, she heard claps from all around her. She looked up in confusion.

"She's a goddess!"
"She's our hero!"
"How did that little girl defeat it?"
"Bravo!"

The towns people were gathered around her, how had I not sensed their vibrations? Was I that occupied with boasting that I didn't even realize they were there? She thought. She awkwardly bowed and jumped up top a roof. I've taken enough detours, I just want to go home.
~
F/n, after 6 long days, she reached the bottom of the mountain her grandpa lived on, and she took a deep breath.