a letter from me to you

To all the writers/ aspiring writers, 

Your writing pace doesn't describe you as a writer. You write for some reasons, like you're bored, or writing is just something you really do, or you write because you want to develop that skill.

I'll tell you, my first books aren't that great, and I contemplated and deleted a whole ton of published books because I couldn't seem to finish them. Honestly, the books that I have now are just an output of my motivated and inspired self.

I'm really not writing or updating anything if I can't produce worthy chapters. I don't even expect that I could gain a huge audience, because I don't think my books are that "great" from my perspective.

And no, you're not slow or unskilled, nor am I very skilled in this field. Planning or writing for months and having a few chapters isn't bad at all. It takes time for you to adjust your schedules, and it takes time for you to get motivated until your brain can produce another set of words, and that's very, very okay. Then one day you'll just find yourself writing with fixed schedules and a happy face!

Now, I tell you, writing requires a lot of effort. You need to have lots of unique and personal ideas in order to put them through from the start to the finish.

Interested? Start settling your environment. What genre do you want to do? Is it a romance, a fantasy, or a mixture of both?

Write in one sitting. Now, I'm not telling you to write 50 or 100 chapters without eating or sleeping. Write your plot on paper or type it on your device. If you want to, you could jot down each chapter and write a short description of what you want to show in the chapter. It can keep you on track with what you are writing.

Deal with distractions. I tell you, you can't finish one chapter if something heavy is going on in your mind or around you.

Last but not least, rest. Our minds need to rest, and so do you. Take a break if you want; take a long one if you need to. Because really, writing a book takes a lot of effort from thinking only. And if you want to have a book that can satisfy not just your readers but also yourself, publishing a wonderful ending is the best feeling.

Happy writing!

love, pearl