𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟱

This chapter mostly includes the KNY plot

'Ah.. so boring! I can't hear Naoto talk about this dumb police stuff anymore! Oh, right.. I have to ask him about Y/n, what a great distraction!'

"Hey, Naoto.."
"What, Hanagaki? Stop distracting me and pay attention. You'll need this stuff for-.."
"I know, I know! I just have a question. Do you know what happened to Y/n in the future?"

Naoto's eyes widened a little when your name got mentioned. "I do not.. I actually did try to find some information about her, but I wasn't successful. All I found was information about her birth."
"The demon slayer corps really does a good job hiding stuff from police and government, huh?" Takemichi mumbled. "Wait! Y/n was never a part of this time-leaping stuff, so why did you try finding information about her?"

Naoto's cheeks reddened a little and he went back to his serious face again. "That's irrelevant right now!"
"Naoto! You've had a crush on her since you were little, haven't you? Haha!"
"Ugh.."

。。。

'So, Kocho-sama has taken Y/n and Inosuke to Rehabilitation training to build their stamina,' A yellow-haired boy was in bed, thinking. 'And any minute now..'

The door opened to reveal two exhausted looking corpses. No, wait — it's Y/n and Inosuke.

"..they'll come back in this kind of state.'

"Welcome back, Y/n. Inosuke. How was training?" Zenitsu asked.

None of you answered and headed over to your beds.
"What happened? Hey.."
"Sorry," you mumbled, pulling your blanket over your head.
"Don't mind us," Inosuke said.
"You have to tell me!" Zenitsu yelled. "Ill be starting training with you two tomorrow!"

...

The next day, you went back to training. Aoi explained the training session to the the three of you again since Zenitsu joined late.

Harsh messages: The three girls will help limber your body
Full body training: Play tag with Aoi and Kanao
Reflect training: Get a cup before your opponent and splash them with water

Zenitsu was shocked and raised his hand. "I have a question.."
"Is something not clear to you?" Aoi asked.
"No, it's just," he stood up and looked at you and Inosuke. "Come with me, both of you."
"Not leaving," Inosuke said.
"I SAID COME WITH ME! BOTH OF YOU!" He dragged both of you outside.

"Sit up straight, I said sit up straight! You miserable bastards!" Zenitsu pointed at the both of you.
'Why is he so angry?!' You thought.
"What did you call me?!" Inosuke yelled.

THUD

Zenitsu landed a strong punch on Inosuke.

"INOSUKE!" You yelled. "What are you thinking, Zenitsu?! Apologize to Inosuke!"

There was steam coming out of Zenitsu's teeth. It looked like he was about to use his thunder breathing.

"You guys apologize to me! You were acting like you came back from hell when you actually came from heaven! All you did was frolic with girls so why did you look so haggard?! GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND APOLOGIZE!!"
"How can you say such a thing?!" You yelled back.
"Shut up, rock-head! You get to touch girls, you get to have messages all over your body! Each girl has two boobs, one behind, and two thighs! They smell nice and it's mad fun to just look at them!! AHHH! HEAVEN! SHEER HEAVEN!"
"Cut the crap, you're not making any sense! When you lose to someone smaller than you, it crushes your soul!" Inosuke yelled at him.

'What the hell is going on with Zenitsu,' you deadpanned.
"Oh, poor thing! You've never been chummy with a girl before, huh?" Zenitsu pointed at him. "Well no wonder! You were born in the mountains and were raised by animals, you late bloomer!"
'You act like you've done it with a girl when you clearly haven't either,' you sighed.

SNAP

"Oh, please! I've stomped on many females before!"
"That's the worse you can do!"

The girls inside overheard everything. Aoi started shaking with anger, she couldn't stand the shouting any longer. "GET INSIDE, ALL OF YOU!"

You could say Zenitsu had a nice training session. Although, he got beaten up by Aoi in the end.

...

The next three days were complete hell. Zenitsu and Inosuke stopped coming to training because they had enough of losing to Kanao. You were exhausted every time you went to bed, got beaten, and got soaked because you couldn't get a cup before Kanao. She's too fast, you tried your hardest to take the cup away from her, but you still ended up getting splashed. And worst of all, the three little girls told you to use concentration breath all day and master it. It was super hard!

Now, you sat down on the roof of the training building, trying to use your concentration breath. You were so focused on it, you didn't hear the insect hashira calling out to you.

"Yoo-hoo! I can see you're working very hard~," she got super close to your face. Your cheeks reddened a little and moved your head. "Even though your friends went off somewhere.. don't you feel lonely all by yourself?"
"Of course not, Shinobu-san!" You smiled. "When I'm done, I'll teach them myself!"
She gave you a smile. "You have a beautiful soul, don't you?"
"..Are you angry?" You asked her.

Her eyes widened a little. "Hm?"
"For some reason, I'm always picking an angry scent from you."
"Yes, it's true that I'm always in constant state of anger. After hearing my older sister's cries.. after hearing cries of innocent people built up anger inside of me. Ah.. your total concentration breath has come to a halt."

She grabbed both of your hands. "Train hard, ok? For yourself, your sister, and your friends."
"Yes, of course!" You smiled.

'My, I don't even know much about you. Why do I already feel so comfortable around you, Y/n?'

 Why do I already feel so comfortable around you, Y/n?'