💌 pilot pt. 2 💌

"okay. so um...we didn't see anything, we don't know anything. we need to have total and complete amnesia." pope pants.

"actually, pope's right. for once."
"pope is mostly right." i muttered, "see i agree with you sometimes. deny, deny, deny."
"guys, we can't keep that money." kie blurts out. "okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, kiara."

"we have to pass that off to lana grubbs, otherwise, it's bad karma."
"bad karma to be implicated into a felony, too. we gotta go dark." "if that means we get to keep the money, than i agree."

"i don't agree." john b states, "what? why?"
"just think about it, this is scooter grubbs we're talking about, right? same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. shit, one time i saw this dude begging for change in the save a lot parking lot because he needed gas. we're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got s grady-white? just sayin'"

"alright, so think about it, pope. how does a marina rat get a grady-white?"
pope inhaled sharply, "prostitution."
"square groopers, bro. okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. they don't do that stuff during a hurricane. what does that mean, jj?"

"they were straight smugglin'"
"smugglin', and i guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck."
"hell yeah, fish on!" jj yells, pulling the fishing hook real.

"for the record, if that is a smuggling ship with the illegal contraband on the inside of it..."
"mhm?"
"...it probably belongs to someone else."
"minor details." kie says.
"they could come looking for it, taking it would be catastrophically stupid." pope admits.
jj grabbed the cash from pope's hand and waved it out between his finger tips, "right, well...stupid things have good outcomes all the time."
"i called it, in m'brain, i knew that he was gonna say that, just sayin'." i pointed out, "all we gotta do right now is just figure out a way to get into that cargo hold of that wreck. until then we just, lay low. just act normal." jj says. "right, and how exactly do we do that?"

"kegger?" i throw out there, they all agreed. pope had the red solo cups, kie had the bag and the pump to the kegger, john b and jj were carrying the keg, and i was holding the snacks for us. they usually have me grab that stuff because i'm honestly the only one who's dad doesn't mind buying stuff for them.

alright, you can't understand the outerbanks without understanding the boneyard. it's kinda like a three layered burrito.
there's us and our friends, the working class derelicts from the cut. and then there are the kooks, the rich second homers. they're mostly from poncey ass boarding schools, just rich trustfrainian posers. our natural enemies. and then there are the tourons. totally clueless, here for a week on vacation with their families. chum for the sharks.

i was having with a conversation with this really cute touron. his name was hayden and i guess he was here on a school vacation. "hey, lili. can i pull you away for a
second?" kie asked with a serious face. "yeah, sure. i'll be right back." i smiled to him. once she pulled me off far enough to where he couldn't really hear, she pointed off too sarah fucking cameron. "what the fuck."
i looked around for john b and then i finally found him talking to a blonde touron. "what the hell is she doing here, john b?"
"huh?" i pointed to where she was sitting on top of the lifeguard chair, he sighed when he finally saw her.

john b's pov:

alright, so remember when i told you guys about how i saw lili beating up a blonde kook when i first met her? yeah, well that blonde kook was sarah cameron. 'kook princess' she hated lilith from the start, kiara's bestfriend in the ninth grade, worst enemy in the tenth grade. i work on her dad's boat, so, y'know i've seen her around.
pretty much according to jj, when lilith first went to kook academy sarah just didn't like her. i guess sarah told everyone around the school that lilith's mom was a drug addict who left her dad with her older brother and lilith herself. so, lili took action into her own hands and fought her for it.