Stratford & Ainsley

"Okay Olivia, you can handle this. Just keep your fists by your side." I whispered to myself as my knuckles turned white from the pressure on my hands.

I calmly and graciously walked over towards Eric's table, struggling to monitor my temper as his sharp demeanour came to view. His brown hair swept to the side as he stood up to greet me as to common courtesy.

Mustering up all the strength I had, I forced my face muscles to contract and smile as his arms opened, beckoning for a hug.

As I came closer, his obviously feigned smile caught my eye, making me purse my lips in annoyance.

Don't get me wrong, his expanding mouth did not bother me; I knew that he was also dragged out here for god-knows-what publicity stunt our parents were concocting.

Instead it was the arrogant, miniature curve at the right side of his lips; his sly smirk.

"Stratford!" My voice leapt a note whilst my I leaned in for the kiss on the cheek. Oh how I wish I wasn't British at this moment.

"Ainsley!" He said my name under such jubilant pretense as his arms loosely wrapped around me. If me and this pompous arse had two things in common, it would be that we were trying our hardest to sound pleased at the sight of each other... and that we were failing miserably.

"How are you?... self-absorbed princess." He cynically whispered into my ear as his right cheek touched my left.

"Oh just fine and dandy ... narcissistic wanker." I muttered pleasantly whilst my right cheek grazed his left.

"It is absolutely great to see you. Tell me, Olivia, did another unlucky guy have to reject you again?" He snakily insults. His condescending manner was barely the beginning of his conquest to irritate me. Not even five bloody minutes with each other and he already has his shovel digging up the past.

I pulled a saddened expression, visualizing him like an injured puppy. "Forget about me, how about you tell me how you coped being a fuckboy by nature all these years?" I said, pouring out all the artificial pity I could cook. "It must be hard to get a serious girlfriend to settle with you." I pouted as I continued to patronize him.

I watched his jaw clench and harden and his eyes get coloured with a shade of anger.

"It's quite brilliant, actually. Thank you very much." He murmured, locking his cold glare.

I stared at him back, challenging his inner beast.

His lips tugged into a tiny smirk thinking that it would trigger my own beast.

I pushed the urge to rip his head off away from my mind. I raised my eyebrows and shrugged my shoulders to shake off his attempt of instigating.

We continued, lost in each others' pools of anger.

"Ahem." I voice cleared out, snapping us from out stares.

"Would you two like to order now, or shall I come back later?" The waitress, folding her hands together behind her back.

"Oh yes, we'd like to order now thank you." Eric spoke up. He carefully rakes the dishes presented in the menu.

I held the menu in front of me and contemplated on the meals.

Eric glances up the waitress, "I'll have the Scottish Lobster, please." He said clearly.

I opened my mouth and began to speak, "And I'll have a-"

"She'll have a salad," Eric interrupts.

I glared at him as the waitress walked away with our orders.