Chapter 9

Brian's pov

I got into work to see Donna waiting. "Morning Donna," I said "what did your sister want last night?" She asked "I don't really want to talk about it," I replied as we got in the elevator "that's okay, I was just curious," Donna said.

Once the elevator doors opened we went our separate ways. "Brian, how's your case going? Who's the client?" Louis asked "I'm getting started and the client is my sister," I said "how much is she paying?" "It's a pro-bono, I'm not gonna charge my own little sister after she was sexually assaulted," I snarled "well then the payment is coming out of your own money," "oh no, I don't think you understand. I am not doing this case through the firm, I'm doing it through me directly," I said "well then you can't use firm recourses," Louis said "you're a real prick sometimes Louis, I hope you know that," I replied and went to my cubicle.

"Sup new guy, let me have a look at this case so you don't kill them," the joke said taking the file "oh I'm going to kill them, just like I'll kill you if you get involved in this case," I snarled "huh, sexual assault, waste of time," he said "oh so not taking my own sister on as a client in this sort of situation when I'm capable of doing something isn't?" I said "exactly," he said handing it back to me. I sat down and began working.

It took about three hours before I had a plan and who did it. "What you got?" I looked and saw Jessica stood there "what are you talking about?" I asked "the case, I'm putting myself on this case with you," Jessica explained "I think I know who did it based on Amy's description of the guy, and I have a plan," I stated "let's go kick this idiot's ass," she said as I stood up. "May I punch him?" I asked as we walked out "sure, if you want an assault chage," "he hurt my younger sister, I'm a protective older brother just like you said," "you're not wrong," we walked to a cab and got in.

We got to the guy's house and I realised where we are. "This is where her exhusband lives," I said "do you really think he'd do that?" "He's wanted revenge for taking their kids so I wouldn't put it past him," I explained as we got out. We walked up to the door and I was the one to knock, "hello? Oh, you," he groaned when he opened his door "hi, mind if I ask a few questions?" I asked "fine, come in," he said and we went in. I sat on the couch, "so when was the last time you saw Amy?" I asked "is this about the sexual assault case?" He replied "we never said anything about it," Jessica said "really? If we haven't mentioned it then how could you have possibly known? Unless you are the one who did it," I asked "look, I still love her, why would I-" "because you're still pissed off that she got custody of the kids, look man if it was you I'll see what I can do to lower the sentence," I said "fine, I did it but you have no proof," he admitted "actually yes I do," I said before pulling out Louis's dictaphone, "I recorded you, and don't think I'm gonna even begin to attempt to lower the sentence, you hurt my sister and you will never see those kids again," I snarled and left with Jessica not far behind. "Thanks," I said "for what? I just turned up and watched, you did most of the work," Jessica replied "for supplying moral support," I said as we got back in the cab.

Word count: 648