Chapter 1:A New Life

Author's POV:

"YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PATHETIC FAILURE!JUST ONCE SOOBIN,JUST FOR ONCE,DO SOMETHING RIGHT INSTEAD OF RUINING MY REPUTATION!STOP BEING THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE FAMILY AND START ACTING LIKE YOUR BROTHER FOR GODS SAKE!" His mother shouted.She's been disappointed in Soobin for almost all his life. "Are you kidding me?just because I got a B+ on my test?Are you seriously going to compare me to my him?"Soobin asked as tears dripped down his cheeks.

For several years he's been trying to impress his mother but she never once smiled at him,hugged him nor did she ever praise her eldest son for working so hard,instead,she preferred her youngest son,Soobin's little brother.

Jihyun was not only handsome but incredibly smart aswell.Soobin and Jihyun are half brothers.Soobin's father had left them when he found out his girlfriend (Soobin's mother) was pregnant with his child.After that,his mother had always blamed soobin for being the reason why the love of her life left her.
4 years had past and not only did she become a successful actress but she even managed to get a rich husband.That's when her and her husband had Jihyun the same year they got married.

"Mother,when will you ever be proud of me?"Soobin asked while looking down at the floor. "The day you become as perfect as Jihyun.And when will that be?Hmmm."She pretended to guess "Oh I know! That'll be the day I die!AHAHAHA in conclusion,I'll never be the mother you want me to be especially when you were the cause of everything unhappy that's happened in my life."

Those words broke him.What did he ever do to deserve this?Especially from his own mother.
And so, he wiped his tears and went to bed. 'What was the point in asking her anyway?'Soobin thought.

The Next Day

It was 8 O'clock in the morning.Soobin had just washed him face and brushed his teeth and was headed to the dining table to eat breakfast.
When he had arrived at the table,he was surprised to see his mother,step father and brother there. 'Were they waiting for me?'Though he was happy (since everyone ate at different times),he knew something wasn't right.
"Ah soobin,you finally came.We've been waiting for you!" His mother said in excitement.As Soobin took a seat,he looked at both his mother and "father" smiling widely which was very odd since he'd never seen them smile like that before. "We booked a ticket for you so that you can live in another country!"
"WAIT- WHAT??" Soobin was just too shocked to even speak further. "Thats right!And you're leaving tomorrow at 4 a.m so make sure you pack your things later right after lunch." His step father answered.

Hearing this news,He wasn't quite happy nor was he sad.I mean- He never really had friends and his parents never appreciated him either,he always knew this day would come,But he grew up in Korea so he just didn't know what else to do but to accept it.Jihyun on the other hand wasn't at all happy with their parents decision.He always admired his older brother.Soobin was extremely handsome,athletic and smart aswell but he wasn't smart enough to live up to his parents expectations,whereas Jihyun would spend his whole day doing nothing but study in his room.He always wanted to get close to Soobin but it was quite the opposite for Soobin.He'd keep ignoring Jihyun but instead of getting upset,Jihyun understood why Soobin was doing this,although he was sad about the situation,he still managed to force a smile.

it's 6 p.m and Soobin had Just finished packing.He was tired so he decided to lay on his bed.He started thinking if this was the right path for him and whether it would lead him to a good life.Minutes passed and he knew it'd be better to leave rather than feel miserable in this so-called "perfect" life.
What if he just began a new life in a new country?Try making friends and do whatever he liked without being told anything by his mother.Well that was exactly what he was going to do.But the only problem was...what if he wasn't able to communicate properly with the people there?? 'Shit this was more stressful than I thought.'

Soobin's POV

Ugh is this really good for me?what if it's worse than living with my family.
"Mister Choi,has mr. And mrs. Kim informed you about where you'll be staying for the next couple of years?" The driver asked. "Uhm no not really,they just told me that I'd be staying somewhere out of Korea...Why do you ask?" "Oh well,you're going to be living in a Country called Bhutan.It's a really nice country,not only is the country green but even the people there are friendly! I only asked you since you didn't seem quite curious about the whole thing."

'People there are friendly huh?Well I guess this wasn't such a bad idea.I MIGHT ACTUALLY START TO MAKE FRIENDS' I thought.
—————
hi yes this is the author :D I'm just writing this ff for fun since I have no life so sorry if this whole chapter was boring.And yes,The country Bhutan does exist :))
uhm could y'all pls vote and follow me :< whether you found this chapter interesting or not,it'll really help me stay motivated!