6 ─ NORMAL GHOSTS.

NORMAL GHOSTS.
A R R O W
━ CHAPTER 6. ━

  THE GROUNDS WERE ALIVE with noise

  THE GROUNDS WERE ALIVE with noise. Cupid could only stare in awe as the group wandered through a maze of tents and festivities. There were a number of odd sideshows, ranging from fire-breathing to snake charming. All made more extravagant by magic.

Cupid laughed as the group ducked, barely dodging the feet of a wizard on broomstick. "This is incredible!" She cried, joining arms with Avena as their eyes wandered.

Avena herself was laughing as she pointed out oddities amongst them. Performers were everywhere, alongside small shops and booths. The McLean girl had never seen a place so alive.

As Avena wandered ahead, Cupid took pause, her attention captured by a jewellery booth. Her fingers danced over rings and necklaces, but her gaze was set on a stunning, silver locket. It was nothing unique, but Cupid was a romantic at heart.

The woman behind the booth smiled. "That one comes as a matching set," she leaned forward, winking. "Got anyone in mind?"

The brunette immediately withdrew, "No, sorry." She was suddenly embarrassed. There was no one she could possibly share this with.

The woman behind the booth softened, "That's alright, dear." She reached out to pat the locket. "Say, if you buy the one, the second is on the house."

Cupid gaped at her in surprise and the woman laughed, "I'm sure you'll find someone to share it with, gorgeous."

  The McLean girl felt herself flush. It took only a moment of debating before she decided, "I'll take it." Cupid gave a bashful smile, quickly exchanging her coins for the pair of necklaces.

"Hurry up, Cherub!"

  Cupid jumped as two arms rested themselves on either side of her shoulders. Her stomach dropped. With the lockets hanging from her hand, she knew she was never going to hear the end of this from Fred and George.

The woman behind the booth glanced between the twins. "Oh," she looked at Cupid, coy. "Did you need three lockets then?"

Cupid felt herself blush with intensity, "Absolutely not!" She turned on her heel, marching away from the laughter of the twins. Merlin, this can't get any worse, she thought to herself.

And, as was always the case, Cupid found that she was dead wrong.

  The brunette was breathless now, and a little bit cranky.

  The winding stairs leading up to their seats were seemingly endless. And with every gust of wind, Cupid found herself lingering behind as her skirt flitted around. Her face was likely a red mess by now, she was sure of it.