Chapter 17

Gavin is just as Eric remembered him, obnoxious and obsessed with anything he can't have; it is equally admirable and annoying all at the same time. No amount of horses hooves echoing against the dirt ground and the carriage wheels turning up gravel can completely cancel out the sound of Gavin's droning voice.

"Eric are you even listening to me," Gavin shouts loudly into Eric's ear.

Eric puts his hand to his ear while jerking away as his top lip turns up in a snarl. "Sorry Gavin, I'm having a difficult time focusing with what just transpired over the last twenty-four hours."

Gavin sighs while straightening his waist coat, "Wall Rose hasn't truly fallen and all of the titans that somehow entered humanity's territory is eradicated, you truly have no need to continue worrying."

"My sister was injured while rescuing Eren," Eric responds flatly.

"Yes, and have probably run into the arms of that pipsqueak captain. He's probably tasted the sweet nectar of her pussy."

Eric grimaces while glancing out the window of the carriage, while it is dark outside, staring at nothing and imagining the familiar rolling hills within Wall Sina is better than the mental image Gavin just painted. "Please keep such imaginings to yourself, I'd rather not imagine my sister like that."

"Oh please, when you two were children you were joined at the hip. Your sister was always a gorgeous red flame that was a temptation for anyone to touch, don't tell me that you two never tried anything. Afterall, she was trained in seduction like every Silverwood woman, wouldn't the greatest test of her abilities be to seduce her darling twin brother."

"Absolutely not, are you insane?"

"Don't be such a prude, if you want you and I could make it a threesome amongst your sister and you."

"In case you have forgotten, I am trained to kill more than just titans, I suggest you chose your next words very carefully."
Gavin laughs jovially, "I'm just kidding my friend, no need to bring out the princely big brother act. You are too high strung, why don't I arrange for a lovely young woman to stumble into your bed tonight?"

"No thanks."

"Why? Do you already have a certain lady in mind? Oh yes that's right, you have a little waitress waiting for you."

Eric doesn't respond, he continues to focus on the window for the remainder of the ride until the carriage comes to a stop. The driver knocks the door before opening it and bowing respectfully. As soon as Eric looks out of the carriage door he finds Rod Reiss waiting by the entrance of the chapel on his property. A scowl wrinkles Reiss's face when he and Eric make eye contact.

"Quite the display your sister made."

"I'm sorry Uncle Rod, she's been more difficult to control than I realized."

"And you Lord Riley, that woman is supposed to be your mistress, I thought you did a better job of controlling all of your women."

Gavin rubs the back of his hand and gives a sheepish smile, "Sorry sir, but I won't give up."

"I'll hold you to it," Reiss nods before waving both men into the chapel. "Change into your robes, the others are here to have our meeting and worship."

Eric and Gavin nod and quickly follow orders. When they return they take their places at the table with Eric and Gavin flanking both sides of Reiss. There are four other men present, all members of high nobility or the Wall Religion.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Duke Silverwood and Lord Riley," one of the men grumbles.

"Staying allowed us to gain some important information," Eric growls.