Chapter 2

The sound of running water stirred (Y/n) up from her slumber as she hummed softly while slowly waking up. She sat up with a big stretch and yawn as she squinted at their bathroom and sees Percival brushing his teeth. She smiled softly as she slipped out of bed and softly padded over to her husband to wrap her arms around his torso from behind and nuzzle her face against his back, "G'morning, handsome~..." She purred sleepily with a smile. Percival chuckled as he spat out the toothpaste into the sink before rinsing his mouth. She peeked up from over his shoulder and looked at him through the mirror, in which he looked back. His eyepatch off revealing the scar that ran over his right eye, the once dark iris now a pale white which made him partially blind. His good eye though looked back at her as he smiled.

     "Good morning, beautiful," He greeted as he shut the water off to turn around and wrap his arms around her, holding her close to himself in which made her hum in content, "How did you sleep?" He asked while swaying her side to side.

      "I slept well, how about you?" She asked while he sighed softly, resting his cheek on top of her head.

      "Had a night terror," He murmured as she grimaced a bit before looking up at him.

     "Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked as he looked down at her and brushed some stray hairs out of her face with a shake of his head.

     "It wasn't as bad as the other ones, no need to wake you up over something trivial." (Y/n) pouted and opened her mouth to say something but he cut her off with a kiss and reassured her with a smile, "It's fine, doll. Don't worry your pretty head about it."

     With a sigh and nod, she gave a soft smile back and giving a kiss to his chin, "Well, alright..." He gave her a smile and a kiss to her forehead before stepping away and into their bedroom to get dressed and ready for work, (Y/n) watched him with a close eye before looking down at the floor. A thought seemed to pass through before she shook her head and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, following after Percival when she finished to get ready for work and then heading into the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

     (Y/n) hummed a song softly while she cooked as a owl flew in from their window and dropped off a roll of newspaper. Percival gave it soft scratches to its head as it cooed and he picked up the newspaper. He unrolled it and his eyebrows knit together in slight confusion as he read the front page. "You've got to be kidding me..." He said in disbelief as his wife walked in with two plates of their breakfast in her hands.

     "What's the matter?" She asked as she set the plates down, he looked over at her and handed her the newspaper to read. He let out a stressed out sigh as he walked over to the window and rubbing his face. Her eyes started to widen as she read the front page. The moving picture of a wet Rudolph Spielman being surrounded by the wizard press as the bold letters read "GRINDELWALD ESCAPES ONCE MORE". (Y/n) looked over at her husband with wide eyes as he stared out the window.

     "I knew I should've stayed longer at work..." He said as (Y/n) could feel her hands shake a little while placing the paper down on the table.

     "What're we gonna do, Percival?" She asked quietly.

     Percival turned around to look at her, seeing the distress start to rise in her as she rested her hand on her baby bump. He walked over and takes her hands into his, "Well, this could go either or... but because we handed Grindelwald off to the Ministry formerly, the situation is off our hands legally. But... They might ask for our help again..." He trailed off and she looked up at him with urgency as she held his hands tightly in hers while shaking her head.

     "No... Percival no. You can't go back there. After what he put us through?" She pleaded, "Percival please..." He cupped the side of her face and placed a kiss of reassurance on her lips.

     "We don't know that yet. We will talk to Madam Picquery and see where we will take this." He said as she grimaced, Percival pressed his forehead against hers and his eye stared deeply into hers, "It'll be okay, doll." He said as she sighed shakily and nodded.

     "Okay..." She said quietly. A knock on their door is heard and he sighed softly through his nose as he pecked her forehead and pulled away to walk over to the door. Opening it, two Aurors stood and looked at him and he nodded.

     "I know, we'll be on our way over." He said as his subordinates nod and Disapparate. Percival closed the door and looked over at his wife as she took the plate back into the kitchen and placed them on the counter, casting a spell over the food so they don't spoil while they're gone. She feels arms wrap around her in a hug from behind as she let herself become less tense in his arms.

     "Sorry..." She apologized softly, "Just... Thinking..." (Y/n) could feel Percival's chest move against her back as he chuckled softly.

     "And that sort of thinking leads to stress, doll." He hummed as he rested his hand on her stomach, "And stress isn't good for you or the baby."

     "I know, I know... It's just that... Knowing them... I know that they're gonna send you back out there." She said as Percival grimaced softly and hugged her a bit tighter.

     "We'll see..." He said as he gave a kiss to her head and pulled away, "Let's get going." (Y/n) nodded as their belongings they needed floated over to them and Percival offered her his arm, in which she linked her arm with his and the two Disapparate before Apparating to the alleyway next to the Woolworth building. The walked up the stairs and into MACUSA after the doorman opened the door for them. The Aurors moved frantically through the lobby as the gigantic dial of the Magical Exposure Threat Level was at SEVERE.

     An Auror hurried over to the couple, "Mr. Graves, Madam President and Mr. Spielman request for your presence at this very moment." He informed as Percival sighed.

     "Didn't even clock in yet," He mumbled and nodded, "Alright, tell them I'll be up with them soon." He said as the Auror nodded and hurried off while Percival turned to (Y/n), "I'll see you later, maybe after the meeting I'll go get you lunch. What're you craving for later?" He asked as she rested her hand on her stomach.

     "Hmm... I think we're craving some tea sandwiches later with some pastries." She said with a soft smile and emphasis on "we" while rubbing her stomach. Percival chuckled as he kissed her forehead.

     "Alright, I'll pick it up at the bakery later and we can have our lunch break together afterwards." He said as she nodded. She grimaced as she stared up at the dial and Percival sighed softly, "Everything will be okay, I'll tell you what's going to happen at lunch, alright." (Y/n) nodded with a small smile.

     "Okay, I'll see you later." She said as Percival gave a reassuring smile before giving one last peck to her cheek and then walking off to the elevator. (Y/n) sighed as she rubbed her stomach and felt a soft kick.

     "It's okay, little one..." She said softly before walking off to her office.