Chapter #1: The Padawan of Yuon Par

Chapter 1: The Padawan of Yuon Par

A gentle breeze caresses the vibrant green blades of grass, passing through it as it is a current passing through a stream. The grass soaks in the warmth and energy emanating from the sun as it sits almost directly above it, signaling that it is midday on this world. A bright blue sky encompasses the world around as it showcases a picture of life... Life... What is life? Is it truly the Force that births life into all the creatures around us? Is the Force, life itself? The flutter of birds nearby signals movement near them.

An ebony toned hand reaches out to a small boulder as if to touch it. The air around the hand shifts and changes as a faint glow appears around it. The glow fades as the small boulder begins to lift, much to the joy of the human that the hand belongs to. Around her, her peers are also lifting the small boulders using the Force as a Jedi Knight paces behind them. He reaches out through the Force to sense their thoughts and feelings as they lift their small boulders.

He turns his attention back to the present, cutting off his connection to them, "Widen your reach, feel the Force around you... Not just in the boulders." The trio of Padawans do as they are instructed and around the small boulders, rocks begin to rise alongside them. The trio hold onto their connection through the Force and maintain the floating area of rocks in front of them as the balding Jedi Knight looks on in pride at their progress.

The roar of an engine draws his attention away from his Padawans. A Rendaran-class assault shuttle roars overhead as it passes over the training grounds, flying low while on approach to one of the Jedi Sanctuaries that dot the entire planet. This long-range shuttle dives down into the river valley just over the populated cliffs and approaches the Master's Retreat on the mountainside. As the ship lands on one of the two landing pads that extend beyond the large cylindrical structure, one of the more notable Jedi Masters takes in its appearance. The shuttle has a roughly inverted "V" shape with two downward sloping wings that are now folded upwards while remaining on standby on the landing pad. It's two drive engines hum as the ship remains on. Before the Jedi Master returns to walking, the hiss of the loading dock catches his ear as the loading ramp opens to reveal a young Padawan stepping out of the shuttle.

The young Padawan steps out of the shadow of the ship and into the sunlight, catching his fair human complexion. His soft green eyes take in the wonderous view that is a planet controlled by the Jedi. The lush forest and mountainous region is a beautiful sight, showcasing the fertility that comes with an alignment to the Light side of the Force. He breathes in deeply through his chiseled nose and breathes out through his average sized lips, tasting the fresh air of Tython. His warm dirty-blonde hair soaks in the light, appearing almost light brown in color as he runs a hand through it before stopping on his Padawan braid. The natural vibrance of life around him brings a smile to his face as his square jaw gives a slight wrinkle to the corner of his eyes.

The large stone statues to the ancient Jedi within the river valley catch his eyes and draw his attention to the edge of the landing pad. He gazes out as his hands relax at his side, his light brown robe twisting around his legs as his tan inner robe shines through. He slips his hands into a set of fingerless gloves that he had been using during his last practice saber training session. He hefts his training saber on his shoulder and begins walking up the landing pad to the huge balcony. While walking across the massive balcony, he passes by several supply crates and two Jedi Knights that eye him up and down, one being a human and the other a Zabrak. Passing another pair that are standing around talking in front of the medical facility, the Padawan sees a notable Jedi Master walk around the corner, waiting on him. This human Jedi Master's receding balding hairline is an illusion as he has his gray hair pulled up in a ponytail behind him. His multicolored vested robes display his status quite well as the mix of pale red, dark brown, and tan are filtered all over his padded robes.