Chapter 17.

Aone couldn't help but feel disappointed in himself for not being the one to initiate a...date? Is this what it was?

He felt relieved to know that Leia also wanted to see him, but he wished it was himself that had asked.
His nerves were out of control just thinking about what could happen. He didn't want to speak, too afraid to say the wrong thing, but then he didn't want to not speak incase it gave her the impression that he wasn't interested.

He had come to terms with his feelings for her, whatever they were, but he didn't know how to act on them. He's never had this.
He's never had a crush before, or a girlfriend. He might of done when he was a small child but it would have got shut down quickly and followed by bullying and humiliation.

These kind of thoughts forced himself to overthink and panic, doubting himself and wondering if this was all just a joke, but he couldn't allow himself to think that way because Leia is too nice to do something like that.

He saw the way she was anxious around him, just like he is around her. She wouldn't do that if she didn't feel even remotely close to how Aone feels.

On another side, he was sort of relieved that it was her who asked, because Koganegawa's advice was, okay, but Aone could never imagine himself doing that.
He appreciated the insight, but also didn't want to act so differently to try and ask the girl out.
Kogane suggested something sweet and romantic out of a movie, but the thought made Aone embarrassed.

No matter how it happened though, he was extremely happy and excited, butterflies every time he thought of her.

It will turn out okay.

Friday

Leia was about to lose her shit.

She had several outfits laid out, but couldn't decide what to wear. She kept repeating to herself that it's just a walk in the park, but its with him, someone she always wanted to impress.
May was busy at an after school meeting, so she was left on her own.

She had looked outside and checked the weather, the temperature was okay with no rain in sight.

After huffing and puffing and nearly crying, she decided on just wearing some loose fitting blue jeans, a white cropped top that wasn't overly cropped as she didn't like too much of her skin showing, her beaten up air force 1s and a oversized checkered jacket.
She applied some makeup, and was finally happy with her appearance. She only hoped he would think she looked nice. She doesn't normally have a reason to make herself look pretty.

They had agreed to go for a walk in the local park. It was close to the milkshake place, so she thought they could grab one first, if Aone was okay with that of course.
She was coming up with different conversation starters in her head, speaking aloud different parts and ultimately cringing at herself.
It's just a walk in the park, she kept repeating. Just speak to him like you did before.

But this isn't the same as before.

She gasped as she realised the time, 4:15pm. They agreed to meet at the bus stop where they had met before, they both said how it's close to both their houses.
The park was only like a 10 minute walk as well.

She ran downstairs to put her shoes on, quickly looking at herself in the mirror before running out the door. The bus stop was only down the road from her, but she still had to be early. Its still 15 minutes until the agreed time of 4:30, but her anxiety was shouting at her about being late.

Her heart was beating wildly as she took her phone out her pocket, quickly messaging May.

MatsuiLeia:
wish me luck bitcj
making my way now

MayMay☀️🌸:
Girl hush im at school still

HAVE FUN THO DONT GORGET
PROTECTION

MatsuiLeia:
SHUT THENFUCK UP

Aone could see her walking towards the bus stop and he couldn't stop the grin on his face. This girl really has made him so soft and he barely knows her yet.
He saw her smiling face as well, with red tinted cheeks as she got closer.

'Hi Aone!'
She spoke cheerfully, and that sound alone made his heart throb.
She looked beautiful. He was a little worried that she might get cold, the wind was picking up a little bit and the shirt she had looked thin.

Realising he was staring he cleared his throat before bowing, Leia quickly copying with a giggle.
She went and stood next to him before they both started walking towards their destination.

'Before we go to the park, I was wondering if you wanted to go to this new Café that does the best milkshakes!'

Her voice came out strong and confident, but Aone's heart softened when he saw the tremor in her fingers.
The idea of going to a Café wasn't Aone's favourite, but for her he thought it would be okay. Plus, he couldn't remember the last time he had a milkshake.

'Okay'
He smiled, earning a bigger one from Leia as they now headed to the Café.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・' ♡'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

gunna split this into two parts
otherwise the chapter is gunna be waaaay
too long!
its a long chapter anyway which is new
cos i normally do small ones lmao.

anyway hope you like it and youre all
staying safe!! :)

massive storm in the Uk at the moment
so if youre in the uk please be careful <3

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・' ♡'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*