𝟭 - 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙧𝙮

‼️slight blood, mature language

-

Quiet was the only way to express the once restless voices in my head. Escaping was the only way of shutting them up. There was not even one whisper in the silence, not one word of taunt echoing on the walls of her skull.

I placed the handful of emerald crystals in front of the villager, head bowed to stare at his seal-skin boots. My wings and face were covered by a dark cloak, the fabric pooled at my feet.

"It's not enough," said the villager after examining the vibrant green crystals, "I won't give it to you for only ten. My final price is fifteen or nothing."

I sighed, drawing in a hushed breath, only to release it deeply, "Listen. I really need this map, okay? I want you to know that I would do anything to get my hands on it," I slammed my hands down onto the table in front of me, "even if it kills you."

I withdrew myself from the table, leaving the villager shocked. He quickly shot back, "I can't just give you the map, you whore! I spent a long time getting it right!"

"Really," I challenged, "then I guess you have to pay my consequence."

I reached over the table, grabbing the left wrist of the villager. I pinned it to the table with my brute strength, and reached my other hand to grab a knife from my belt, "I warned you, sir. Lets start with this pretty pinky, shall we?"

The blade began to dig into his skin, leaving a little indent of torn, red flesh. Blood began to seep out. "Okay! Okay! Take the map! Take it and leave," he cried. Suddenly, I removed the blade from his finger, and his hand was freed from my grasp.

I quickly grabbed both the map and the handful of emeralds, and walked calmly out of the shop. I shoved the precious gems into a small pouch in my left pocket and placed the map in a bag that dangles from my shoulder. Pulling the cloak away from my wings, I took off quietly into the painted sky.

The oranges and pinks of the sunset filled my vision as I rose higher and higher above the village, eventually flying over a thick snowy taiga.

Landing on a tall spruce, I pulled the map from the bag, spreading it out in front of my face. It was a map of the current SMP. It was finally time for my return. After two years, I decided that she needed to return to my family, and to my friends.

On my leather arm brace was a compass that I stole, pointing towards a nether portal in the center of the SMP. Lodestone set, the compass never failed to show me the way home.

Again, I set off into the now dark and starry sky, blending into it like a crow in a cavern. It took only a few hours to even see the lands that I knew well, as they once surrounded my home.

My eyes searched the thicket of trees, eventually landing on the roof of the house that Clay and I built. Memories of us collecting, planning, and building the house flooded my mind, causing me to roll my eyes and brush them away.

I left. I couldn't miss him. Not now.

Softly and quietly, I landed in front of the front door. Something caught my attention quickly though; the chimney was spewing smoke, and there was a faint light coming from inside.

The key to the door was still around my neck, the metal was cold against my skin. I pulled it out and unlocked the door slowly, letting out a relieved sigh as the door began to creak open. "Who are you," a voice shouted, a sword being held at my neck.

I chuckled, "The owner of this house." The sword was pulled away from my neck, and I was pulled into a hug. My hood fell off of my head, exposing my face and hair entirely.