Chapter Two

"Familiars"

The following morning five of the six boys made it to the base of the fountain in front of the school before class. They sat around the base waiting for the last newly made friend to make it- but it was almost time for class before they started to worry.

"Where could Yoongi be? His housing isn't far from here so he should be here by now." Jungkook questions.

"I'm not sure- maybe he slept through his alarm?" Hoseok tries to guess.

"Well, whatever the reason- we can't be late for class. He'll make it when he can. For now though, we need to get to class." Namjoon says, looking up at the big clock over the school.

"He's right- if Yoongi doesn't show up we can go and check on him." Jin says, catching everyone's eyes.

The other three boys nod in agreement. It sounded reasonable, they didn't want to be late for their second day of classes.

Once inside the boys go to their respective home room classes. Namjoon, and Jin happened to be in one class while Jungkook, Hoseok, and Jimin were in another together. Namjoons and Jin's first teacher is professor Cragore, the same man that showed them around the housing places. The other three had a teacher they haven't met yet: Professor Ransom.

The professor enters the classroom and stands behind the podium. Professor Ransom looks to be quite tall, with black hair pulled back in a small ponytail, red eyes, fair skin, and a sharp jawline. He has a book chained to his belt that can be barely seen under his cloak, but the students take notice of it anyways, as their homeroom teacher hadn't mentioned him. Every student is always interested in learning more about what species there are, what creatures inhabit this realm. Unfortunately it seems that Professor Ransom isn't about to elaborate about his being.

"Hello class. I'm Professor Gideon Ransom, you may call me Professor Ransom in front of other teachers but please- just call me Professor or teach within the class, I don't mind the informality." He says as he writes today's topic on the board.

Familiars.

That makes the students perk up. They all know what familiars are, and never thought the school would allow them to have one. The teacher turned around and looked toward the doorway as two students entered timidly, afraid they'd interrupted class.

"Uh, we've been transferred to this class by Headmaster Lupin." the first student says and hands him a slip of parchment, the other student does the same.

Professor Ransom takes the slips and reads it over and looks at the two boys. "Ah, Headmaster Lupin, always changing his mind at the last minute." He sighs.

"Nevertheless, welcome, I'll be sure to hand this to the homeroom teacher at the end of class. Please take your seats- uhh- Kims? Kim Namjoon, and Kim Seokjin- interesting." he says, he tilts his head a bit at the end but smiles a warm and friendly smile.

He pulls a scroll from inside the podium and scribbles something down on it. He looks up just to do a double take at the scroll. "Looks like we're still missing some students-" He says.

Just as he finished the sentence two more boys rush into class. One with a familiar head of black hair and shorter height, as he doubles over panting to catch his breath. The other unfamiliar, with light brown hair, and significantly taller height than the boy next to him. He seems unfazed by the running and instead is looking at the shorter one in surprise.

"S-sorry we're late-" Yoongi manages to say.

"It was my fault. I was late getting to school, I just arrived and have no idea where anything is. So Yoongi had to help me find my room and class." The new students says.