Chapter 11. The Memorable Summer of 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟺

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The soft melody of Waiting for a Girl Like You played as Landon drove his camaro down the freeway. Brooke sat in the passenger seat, their hands intertwined.

Landon pulled into the strip mall and put the car in park. The couple got out of the camero, and walked into the dojo. They saw Miguel on his phone smiling at something, but he looked up and saw Brooke and he smiled at her in a friendly way, as she was one of his best friends, and he was one of her best friends as well.

"Hey Miguel." Brooke smiled as she embraced the teen. "How are things going with Samantha?"

"Oh, hey Brooke" Miguel smiled. "It's great, she's great."

"I'm happy for you hon. Miguel, this is my boyfriend, Landon Tucker, Landon, this is Miguel Diaz." Joni smiled as the two boys greeted each other

"Hey Miguel, to meet you." Landon smiled as he shook Miguel's hand.

"You as well." Miguel smiled as he shook Landon's hand

Johnny walked out of the office, and smiled at Brooke and Landon as Miguel walked over to the bench and grabbed his phone. "Hey kiddo." Johnny smiled as he brought the brunette in for an embrace, then slapped a supportive five with Landon. "Hey man."

"So, why is Miguel the only one here?" Brooke asked as Landon wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she wrapped her arm around his waist, while Miguel walked over to his bag to check his phone

"Because, let's be honest, he's my only shot at winning his thing." Johnny said.

"Johnny c'mon, man." Landon said.

"So does that mean I'm your best student?" Miguel asked

"Don't flatter yourself. Have you seen the others?" Johnny said as Miguel looked to his phone and laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing, just this funny picture my girlfriend posted." Miguel said, showing Johnny the phone

Johnny looked at the phone then snatched it from Miguel's hands. "Wait a second. Is that Daniel LaRusso's daughter?" he asked somewhat angrily

Miguel furrowed his brows in confusion, giving Johnny a quizzical look. "Yeah, you know Samantha?"

"Oh, shit." Brooke muttered

Landon furrowed his brow in confusion then looked down at the brunette and asked, "What?"

"I'll explain later." Brooke said

"You're dating a LaRusso?" Johnny asked, as if he took offense.

"Yeah, why?" Miguel said as he turned to Brooke. "Is something wrong?"

Brooke sighed as she ran a hand through her brunette hair. "Johnny, so what if he's dating Sam? Big deal. He's happy."

Johnny looked at Miguel then at Brooke and Landon and sighed. "We need to talk. You two might wanna hear this too. Bring drinks."

Miguel changed out of his gi, and Landon walked down the street to grab drinks. He got Brooke a cherry coke, a coke for himself and Miguel, and a coors banquet for Johnny.