222

Not edited

Gorgan ( Starts in 3rd person)

The sounds of restlessness whisper into the shadows of Gorgan's room as she tousles with her sheets. It is as though she's fighting demons in her sleep, she mutters words and then an eerie silence overtakes the room. she rises like a sleeping goddess, eyes wide open resembling the chill of snow, white and cold, her hair glows illuminating the darkness. She reaches out her hand as though she does not want to let someone go, with a tear cascading down her face it creates a clear path for the pain to show and then she lets out a scream.

~

I feel myself falling into an endless abyss,it is as though I will never feel the earth beneath my feet again until i finally do. what I see is beautiful, trees that reach the sky, grass that is so vibrant it appears fabricated. The wind surrounds me like a blanket and graces me with the smell of cinnamon, it graces me with with the smell of home.

Home before Freya, during a time I was surrounded by my blood family before I began to realize blood could be as thin as water.

"Freya!", I hear in the distance, I turn my head in astonishment. It could not be, but could it. I run as fast as time itself.

"Freya!", I hear again as trees blur past me I must be going insane.

"Aunty?", I yell while running. I came to an abrupt stop. I can not believe my eyes it is her. I let out a weep and all but went to leap into her arms only to notice her eyes look past me as though she is looking right through me.

I follow her gaze and let out a gasp with a hand covering my mouth. It is, but how can this be it must be a dream but why does it feel so real.

"Hi aunty", the younger version of myself says cheekily.

I walk closer to examine my younger self. oh how happy I look. reminds me of a time when I was so carefree..so happy. she looks just like I did when I was only 6 summers with brown loc's to my shoulders, the same blue eyes and the biggest smile that never left my face until my aunt died.

"Freya, What have I told you about running off in the forest, you could have gotten hurt", my aunt scolded. I whip my head around to get a good look at her. oh how I miss my aunt dearly. She was not only an aunt to me but my best friend. A mother.

The day she died changed my life forever.

"I know aunty, I am sorry", my younger self apologizes, running to give my aunt a hug

"No you are not child and will probably try to do it again, you are so much like me when I was young" she embraces my younger self with a hug.

"You are destined for greatness, the entire world will wish to kiss your feet", she praises my younger self and graces her with a kiss on the head.

Tears swell in my eyes at the bitter sweat scene displayed before me. I miss her. i miss both of them.

My younger self cringes and pulls away from my aunt,"that is kind of gross, why would people want to kiss my feet" , I let out a chuckle.

The wind begins to pick up as the sky darkens

"Shush child, you will understand one day. Now let us go it seems there will be a storm".

I follow them as they walk along the edge of the forest to get back to the kingdom of Marcia',when a rustle of the leaves is heard beside us. We all look to our left and see two men attired in the color yellow and black, Nottingham men. My Aunt grabs my younger self in a tight grip and stands firmly in a protective stance to shield her from the men's taunting gaze.

My eyes widen in worry for my aunt and my younger self, I begin to tremble frozen in place. This reaction is foreign to me. Although I know there is nothing I can do for this only but a dream.

"Leave us" , my aunt firmly says while trying to move them away from the men

"No can do, we can not allow you to alert our presence", one of the men smirks.

When I look over to my younger self I see the fright in her eyes. As though the trance of shock broke I moved towards her and see two more men in the distance behind their backs.

"NO, RUN AUNTY, RUN GORGAN" I yell as the men advance closer but they do not hear me. It was though I knew what was to come as tears begin to run down my face like a river stream.

One of the men behind them whistle , "What do we have here" , he gloats.

"A beautiful woman and a gorgeous young lady chief".

My aunt turns her head and slowly it is as though she sees the world crumbling around her, desperately she yells , "I come from a family of great power,we can give you what you need".

The men now surround us the only way to go would be to jump off the cliff into the water below and that will only lead to death.

"Now, guys we are not savages. we will let them go. we are here on business." , The chief says.

Thunder sounds above not too far after lightning appears.

"Thank you, we will make way", my aunt grabs hold of my younger self hand and tries to walk past the men.

The chief tsks and slyly states , "Then again they call us savages do they not?".

Before I can even blink two of the men grab a hold of my aunt in a tight grip and the chief holds onto my younger self ripping them apart. They reach out for each other but like smoke being blown away they were out of reach.

I try to push one of the men away but only go through him. Frantic I push, I hit, and utter curses but nothing prevailed. Falling to my knees I yell out "WHY!", and then I hear their screams.

Oh God, all I can do is silently cry and rock back and forth as they tear off my aunts clothes and pull up my younger self dress. "REMOVE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE AT ONCE," I shout above, to who I do not know right now.

The men grunt and moan as my aunt fights not for herself but for her niece, for the daughter she never had but was blessed with.

My younger self lies still tears down her face as the chief has his way with her another man moves towards her but the chief pushes him away ," She is my treat, have way with the other one", and continues his assault.

Once finished with their assault they all get up and fix their attire. The chief pulls down my younger self dress, "Kill the older one, leave the young lady she'll die from the cold", The chief orders.

My aunt crawls to my younger self with only her shoes on her body and cradles her ," You are strong, this is not your fault. You will hold great power my child" , she stares at my aunt with a blank expression unable to move.

Rain begins to fall and the chief begins to walk away, the other men pull my aunt away from my younger self.

Knowing what is to come my aunt spits at the men, with spit dripping down one of the men's faces he grabs my aunt. "GORGAN I LOVE YO-" and pushes her over the cliff.

I reach down for her

and

I scream.