ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖. ⛈️

(A/N) two chapter in one day!!

After four weeks of perfect weather, it had decided that today it would be raining and dark. Thick clouds rolling over the sky like an angry sea. Thick and dark, cold and lots of rain, it had been forecasted to rain a lot today. The drivers knew that. But most had still hoped that the weather man had been wrong.

It had been such good weather here at la Casa de la Carrera that it was bound to rain at some point. But that it was a storm right of the bat? Yeah that's not what they had expected. Drizzle and a bit of rain, yeah. That would have been what they had in mind.

But an actual storm with gusts of wind at about 110 kilometres per hour, was not something they were expecting. The wind was only increasing by the hour as the drivers could do nothing but stay inside and watch the news a bit. Well, Nando, Carlos, Checo and little Chequito understood what was said on the tv.

Lando had crawled onto the lap of the Spanish Ferrari driver, hiding his head in the crook of his neck. Too scared of the storm that was raging passed them, shaking furiously in the arms of Carlos. Who knows why the poor brit is so scared and wants to be surrounded by everyone and  doesn't want anyone to leave the room otherwise it would make him panic.

~~~~~~~~

And it's for a reason that lando is so scared, as a kid he and his dad went to a karting track. Where the seven years old Lando was karting to his hearts content. It had been a beautiful summers day in England, not a cloud in the sky. Lando was doing his absolute best at the track. Loving every moment.

But soon after his second last session, there were thick black clouds rolling over the sky. As if someone was closing the curtains in a very fast and hurried way. It seemed like someone was in a hurry to close the curtains. It made Lando anxious about it, he never really liked the storms or the thunder. They made him uneasy.

The young boy had been in the middle of the track when a strong gust of wind blew passed him. It made a lot of noise and it scared the boy who drove the kart to his dad, hoping to get into the car before it was gonna hurt the poor boy. His dad tells him to get in the little restaurant that was on the track as he doesn't want his son in the car with these gusts of wind while he loads kart into the van.

Lando does as he has been told, almost running in the direction of the restaurant, he hears the thunder roll through the sky, lightening striking through the clouds. Lando squeaks in fear. It makes him very afraid of what is going on. He feels bad for leaving his father there but Lando was told to go to the restaurant as his father had a rule where if there is something dangerous going on no matter what, you do as I tell you.

Lando trips over something, falling onto the ground. The wind blows over the parking lot, making the trees creak with the wind. His arms and knees hurt as he tries to hurl himself up, but he can't. His knee won't bend, his hands are getting cold and he can barely get himself onto his right knee. His left knee is gushing out blood.

Rain now pouring down, as if someone is throwing a bucket over the poor brit. Making him shiver of the cold. He looks around, but he can't see through the rain. Where is his dad? He can't see anyone. A tree cracks, his heart racing in his chest. This is his end! He thinks. It can't be! Lando tries to get on his feet but falls. He can't stand on his leg. His knee won't bend.

Shaking his head, he hears the tree crack again. This tree is gonna fall! He thinks. He tries again but to no success he falls again, this time on his knee, he cries out in pain. He might have broken his knee of something cut into it. He doesn't know, his body is cooling down rapidly in the open racing suit and the pouring down rain.

The tree cracks again, this time Lando can see it coming towards him. This is it! He thinks. He closes his eyes and waits for the inevitable. He's gonna die. This is it! This can't be it!! Lando waits for the tree to hit him. He screams in pain when he feels his body move, someone is holding him! Someone is moving him. But who?