ch 5

otw to PK Academy

"-"

It was a warm spring morning. Flying birds occasionally complemented the lovely blue of the sky, along with the huge clouds that resembled shaving cream, and Mikoto wasn't giving her attention to any of it at all. 

She was on her way to school, face buried in her phone screen. Since she was such an extrovert, she realized that she doesn't spend a lot of time by herself, so she wanted to learn how to enjoy her own company.  The only things Mikoto heard were her own foot steps and the charms on her backpack hitting each other. To her, it was a pretty peaceful scene.

Unfortunately, her peace was disrupted by the sound of geta rapidly smacking the ground and a spirit medium calling out her name behind her. Mikoto didn't even have to turn around to realize who it was.

'Ugh, it's Reita. I'll just pretend I didn't hear him.'

And that, she did, but all this did was further encourage Reita to get closer to her.

By the time Mikoto looked up to see if Reita was still tailgating her, this fool was already on her right side.

"Hey~ Mikoto! Did'ya miss me yesterday? 😋" 

"Huh? You weren't at school yesterday? Didn't notice."

"Aw, what? No, I was sick at home! I can't believe you didn't notice I wasn't here. I thought we were closer than that."

"Mmm... nah. Unlike u, I have friends outside of the Psychic Kids."

"Hey, get over yourself, Big Boobs! I have plenty of friends outside of the psychic kids, too! There's Takayuki, although we don't really talk outside of school... Um, there's Takeru, but i don't hang out with him that much.  Uhhh..."

Mikoto mentally checked out as soon as Reita opened his mouth again, and with a familiar ding, her attention returned to her phone. The spirit medium continued to try to convince the teen girl (and himself) that he actually had friends.

"Oh! there's also Takayuki, but he's kinda-wait, I said him already. Um..." Reita trailed off, turning to look at Mikoto, who was still preoccupied by something on her phone. "Hey! Are you even listening to me? And why are you so into your phone more than usual?" He leaned over to look at her phone screen.

"I'm talking to y/n, the new girl in your class. She's like, su~ch a cool person to talk to."

"What? A new girl? How come I'm just finding out about this?-"

 "Bc u were sick bro ._."

"How could none of the spirit mediums or my very close friends tell me this?!" 

"Bc don't nobody like ur weird ass-"

"Whateverrr, what's she like? Is she hot? Is she curvy? *GASP* Do you think she'd be into me?" Reita babbled on, pointing the tips of his index fingers together.

"Ugh, as if! Like anybody would be into u anyway. y/n is too sweet and beautiful for ur horny ass. She'll see the real u in no time. 'Hell, imma warn her rn' Mikoto thought, discretely typing a warning for her new friend about Reita.

"Oh, PLEASE! It'll only be a matter of time before she sees my charm and actually falls for me. I mean, I'm tall, I'm hot, I'm smart-"

"OOH, smart is a reach, so sorry. But can you tf calm down? You haven't even met the poor girl yet, my god."

Reita chuckled, "Sure. I wouldn't wanna make my closest female friend jealous now, would I? ahaha..."

"EW! What did I tell u about calling girls females? Cut it out!" Mikoto choked out, slapping the back of his neck.