T W O

TEJASSWI

'Wow. I didn't actually think that would work.' He said.

'Think what would work?'

'Buying you coffee, to get back in your good graces.'

' You were never in my good graces in the first place, so you can't "get back," can you? And you're still not off the hook about the whole cutting in line thing,by the way.
I just like coffee and free things.'

'Noted'
He winked and I again ignored the swooping sensation in my stomach.

I suddenly lift my chin at the handsome arrogant stranger, assessing him coolly.

' Aren't you supposed to be in rush?'

'I was. But then something more interesting caught my attention. Someone I should say.'

'Then I guess that's too bad. I can't be late for work.'

'Neither can I But here's the thing. I really do have to go. But given that I never properly said sorry for how i acted , how about we meet here again? I will let you choose the terms of my apology.'

'So you are saying I can make you do anything?'

'Sure But it doesn't mean I'll grant your request. It just depends on how good of negotiator you are I have a feeling you can be quite persuasive.'

His eyes flick over me with interest, making mine pulse quicken.

Then I remember the trial is beginning in 15 minutes and i really can't afford to keep having this conversation

' Come back tomorrow morning I will be here.'

He head ls for the door with a smirk . I watched him leave before realising that I am almost running late.

I turn to Massie Aunty and said a quick goodbye before i hurry to the courthouse as i remember the editor command about securing an interview with defense attorney.

Our only hope of beating competition is getting exclusive interviews... If only I didn't hate talking to lawyers.

 If only I didn't hate talking to lawyers

Guards flank the courthouse entrance. I flashed my badge and hurry inside.finding a seat at the back.

The young woman sitting next to me makes an eye contact and gives a shy introductory wave.

"Hi I am Linda. This is my first trial.
I work at Daily news but please don't hold that against me. I know you work for our competitor The Mumbai Times. But I am not experienced enough for the big leagues yet. Sorry I am just being weird. I am just a big fan.'